Navitas, or PIBT as it was then, was founded in Australia in 1994 with
the goal of helping more international students succeed at university
via improved student support and an extended academic year.
time, Navitas has significantly expanded the services it offers
students and clients and is creating opportunities through lifelong
learning for more than 80,000 people in 27 countries per year.
Navitas listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 2004 and is now
an ASX100 Company, employing more than 5,800 staff globally. Navitas
operates across three Divisions.
Navitas is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Student Recruitment Officer – West Africa
Location: Ikeja, Lagos (do not apply if you are unable to work 5 days per week from Ikeja)
Functional Area: Navitas Group Marketing
Reports to: Marketing Manager – Navitas
Full time or part time: Full time
Overview and Objectives of the Position
- The role will significantly contribute to the day to day and
strategic operations of the Navitas Nigeria & West Africa Office.
- Focusing on sales and marketing opportunities in a predominantly
business to business environment, the Student Recruitment Officer will
assist in the management, development and implementation of the Regional
Strategic Sales & Marketing Plan on behalf of Navitas Limited.
- The role will enhance opportunities for new market development,
market diversity and program implementation by providing a focus for
more cost effective penetration, interaction and communication within
the market and the distribution network through a Nigerian based sales
& marketing function.
- The Nigeria Student Recruitment Officer will be based in Lagos
and will aim to achieve the business objectives of each business unit
active in the region with a direct report to the Marketing Manager –
- Marketing Managers – Navitas
- Marketing Directors and/or Marketing Managers, Navitas business units
- Navitas Nigeria Agents, Government and Institutional partners
- Operations Manager – Nigeria & West Africa
- Regional Sales Director – Europe & West Africa
Key Result Areas
Business Development (20%):
- Through market research activities identify demand for Navitas
products & services in new and existing markets within Nigeria.
- Assist in the development and/or improvement of Navitas products & services.
- Assessment of new and existing stakeholders (agents, government organisations, etc) within the region.
- Participate in market development activities including travel
and promotion of the company’s products and services to agents (B2B),
sponsorship bodies and potential students/candidates (B2C).
- Compile sales figures relating to market volume and share of market.
- Enquiry management – agents, students & potential clients.
- Prepare sales forecasts through the analysis of market trends.
- Develop an appropriate marketing strategy and manage implementation within new and existing regions.
- Control the preparation and release of publicity in accordance
with established policies and procedures and maintain good relations
with press, radio, television and other media.
- Provide monthly reports on all aspects of marketing activity,
including student recruitment targets, promotional activities,
expenditure, competitor activity, market trends & issues.
- Promote the company, actions and products by undertaking
necessary and appropriate liaison with various external stakeholders
including both government and non-government agencies.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts associated with Navitas products/services.
- Day to day management of marketing budget for the region and evaluate the effectiveness of products and strategies.
- Ensure effective implementation of agreed sales and marketing strategy.
- Manage and coordinate the day to day operations within the Nigeria Office.
- Maintain and monitor stocks of Navitas promotional materials.
- Process requests for agency agreements with potential agents, in accordance with Navitas policy and procedures.
- Provide administrative & logistical support when required.
- Work with Navitas Group Marketing, printers and others to develop promotional materials.
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
- Possess a Bachelor’s/tertiary degree level qualification and / or marketing experience
- High Level English skills
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and proactive work habits
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-development to enhance skills and abilities
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines, changing priorities, on their own initiative
- Be self-motivated and good organiser
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in using Windows-based software applications
- Willingness to undertake international travel
- Demonstrate high level interpersonal communication skills inclusive of writing, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate a proven ability as a team player
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to work (e.g., in hours and
content), including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in
support of recruitment activities both locally and abroad
- International study experience
- Possess knowledge of international Education Services Industry and overseas education system
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply