Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary
business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel
and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel
systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and
electrical power generation
systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana,
(USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide
and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories
through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent
distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins
earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins Inc. is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: QuickServe Champion
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Serve as key customer contact to promote quality customer service and increase business within the branch location.
- Assesses customers needs, gathers pertinent information, and
opens work orders; provides quotes, develops claims, prepares repair
plans, schedules work, and provides status updated to customers on
repair work in the shop;.
- Develops positive relationships with key customers; resolves
customer concerns regarding Cummins? or distributor warranties; explain
charges to customers.
- Monitors key performance metrics for the workshop, including labor productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Develops diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans by
determining the length of repair based on parts and labor availability;
reviews diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans with the Service
Supervisor prior to customer contact; works with the Service Supervisor
to schedule shop job assignments.
- COS – Have very little knowledge of the understanding and use of
continuous improvement through the lens of the COS ten practices.
- Facilitating Internal Relationships and Consensus – Basic
ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together
for a common purpose and goal. It will often involve ability to
influence because people on your team will very rarely report directly
to you as a leader. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or
group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and
drive to consensus.
- Manage Customer Relationship – Basic understanding of techniques
and tools to enhance productivity (i.e. schedules, appointments, call
plans, etc). Has a basic understanding of attitudes and behaviors to
establish relationships and build trust. Understands the need to and
responds with the appropriate time frame to customer needs. Identifies
decision makers and those influential in the decision process and
effectively communicates with them. In managing this relationship,
displays core values (e.g. empathy, etc.) and is able to adequately
interrogate matter to identify root concerns.
- Innovate – Some knowledge or awareness of innovation. Approaches
problems with curiosity and open mindedness. Generates new ideas within
area of responsibility. Contributes own perspective in collaborative
- Analyze Issues – Some knowledge or awareness of how to analyze
issues. Demonstrates basic analysis of issues and some application of
logic and problem solving skills. Identifies the connection between
different issues and problems.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity – Can decide and act without having all
the details of a situation. Tolerates uncertainty. Can comfortably
assess the risk of uncertainty. Acts resourcefully when dealing with
ambiguous situations. Shows some evidence of the skill being performed.
Can demonstrate a basic knowledge of the skill.
- Develops Systems and Processes – Some knowledge or awareness of
how to develop systems and processes. Limited application of systems and
processes to improve and complete work. Documents simple work processes
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in field appropriate for the function required.
- Minimal relevant work experience required.
- Train and develop Service Advisors, Service Writers, and Shop
Foremen in the skills, knowledge, attitude and effort required to
consistently execute the Quickserve process well.
- Ensure that the quantity and ratio of Service Admin staff to
Service technicians at each branch is appropriate for optimum process
performance, and work with Distributor senior leaders to correct related
- Ensure Senior Distributor Leaders understand basic elements of
the Quickserve process and resource dependencies. Keep leadership
apprised of performance, issues, and needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply