Fosad Consulting – Our client, a key player
in the Nigerian oil and gas sector, with a quality portfolio and
capabilities that extend to upstream, downstream, data appraisal for
geophysics and petroleum projects is looking to hire a vibrant and
detailed individual to fill the role of Internal Audit and
Officer who will add value and improve their operations by bringing a
systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of Internal
audit, control, and governance processes
Job Title: Internal Audit and Compliance Officer
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management
and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial
reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for
example, to the board of directors so they understand the most
significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks
relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand
their accountability for individual risks
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing
health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit
risks and prepare for if things go wrong
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with external auditors
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as
identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with
criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal
requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the
organization’s previous handling of risks;
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules,
regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance
- Establishing and quantifying the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept
- B.Sc Accounting or related fields.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience 5 of which is in a related industry, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant).
- Broad auditing experience and attestation techniques.
- High analytical skills.
- Strong risk management skills.
- Process engineering, design and mapping skill.
- CFA (Certified Forensic Accountant).
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor).
- Knowledge of Offshore operations and maritime processes.
- Solid background in upstream operations and strong delivery focus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply