12 Sep 2016
Oil Servicing Company Job in Nigeria for a Structural Designer
At all levels, our strategic alliances and technical associations have been based on the changing dynamics for Oilfield Services Provision in Nigeria, in particular the increasingly “marine-based” nature of the industry in the country and our long-term strategy of vertical integration, to position us to support clients through the lifecycle of assets-through the development of conceptual designs, detailed engineering, construction and construction management, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, operations and maintenance and facility decommissioning.
Hyprops Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structural Designer
- Perform as part of a small integrated team in a dynamic, forceful environment to meet deadlines for facilities preparation ahead of drilling and other offshore activities. Scope includes focus on offshore operating areas (drilling preparations and integrity repairs) and available to assist Terminal, Gas Plant, EGTL and swamp work as required.
- Participate in Constructability reviews a. Identification of Safety In Design (SID) issues b. Support to in-house Fabrication Workshop and In-house Mechanical fabricators. c. Response to third party Contractor fabrication issues d. Material substitution when specified material is not available e. Review of third party Contractors drawings
- Provide technical expertise to Nationals, peers and customers, support Company local content initiatives and assist Construction reps as necessary.
- Carry out the detail design of structural works, which typically relate to modifications or additions to the existing offshore well heads, production facilities and injection facilities in preparation for drilling. Perform necessary Site/Field offshore/onshore surveys. Deliverables include: a. Production/checking of design and fabrication drawings, registers etc. b. Production of 3D models/drawings c. Production of Materials Take Off
- Directly applicable Structural Designer experience. 15 years (min) experience, 10 of which should be on offshore experience in the Oil and Gas industry, spent in a structural designer draftsman capacity with design consultants, fabricators etc.
- Any experience gained in relation to the structural construction, preâ€Â�fabrication and installation of oil and gas facilities, will be an added benefit.
- Must be capable of managing several different design drafting activities at one time.
- Extensive knowledge of performing design drafting in AutoCAD and Bentley Auto plant/ProStructures, with considerable experience in 3D structural modeling.
- Fully conversant with codes and standards applicable to structural design drafting.
- Leadership, diversity and project management. Demonstrated â€˜hands onâ€™ ability to work in a multifunctional team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Computer Literacy and use of Microsoft Office software required for supervision, planning and reporting.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- A significant amount of work will be done outside the office premises.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.