Hyprops Nigeria Limited is a fully-owned Nigerian company which has
provided oilfield support services to the oil and gas industry in
Nigeria since 1997.
At all levels, our strategic alliances and technical associations have
been based on the changing dynamics for Oilfield Services Provision in
Nigeria, in particular the increasingly “marine-based” nature of the
industry in the country and our long-term strategy of vertical
integration, to position us to support clients through the lifecycle of
assets-through the development of conceptual designs, detailed
engineering, construction and construction management, installation,
pre-commissioning, commissioning, operations and maintenance and
Hyprops Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structural Designer
- Perform as part of a small integrated team in a dynamic,
forceful environment to meet deadlines for facilities preparation ahead
of drilling and other offshore activities. Scope includes focus on
offshore operating areas (drilling preparations and integrity repairs)
and available to assist Terminal, Gas Plant, EGTL and swamp work as
- Participate in Constructability reviews a. Identification of
Safety In Design (SID) issues b. Support to in-house Fabrication
Workshop and In-house Mechanical fabricators. c. Response to third party
Contractor fabrication issues d. Material substitution when specified
material is not available e. Review of third party Contractors drawings
- Provide technical expertise to Nationals, peers and customers,
support Company local content initiatives and assist Construction reps
- Carry out the detail design of structural works, which typically
relate to modifications or additions to the existing offshore well
heads, production facilities and injection facilities in preparation for
drilling. Perform necessary Site/Field offshore/onshore surveys.
Deliverables include: a. Production/checking of design and fabrication
drawings, registers etc. b. Production of 3D models/drawings c.
Production of Materials Take Off
- Directly applicable Structural Designer experience. 15 years
(min) experience, 10 of which should be on offshore experience in the
Oil and Gas industry, spent in a structural designer draftsman capacity
with design consultants, fabricators etc.
- Any experience gained in relation to the structural
construction, preâ€Â�fabrication and installation of oil and gas
facilities, will be an added benefit.
- Must be capable of managing several different design drafting activities at one time.
- Extensive knowledge of performing design drafting in AutoCAD and
Bentley Auto plant/ProStructures, with considerable experience in 3D
- Fully conversant with codes and standards applicable to structural design drafting.
- Leadership, diversity and project management. Demonstrated
â€˜hands onâ€™ ability to work in a multifunctional team in a
- Fluent spoken and written English. Computer Literacy and use of
Microsoft Office software required for supervision, planning and
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Work Condition/Physical Environments
- A significant amount of work will be done outside the office premises.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply