ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono
and backed by nearly seven million people from around the world and
every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme
poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world
account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press
them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform.
We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy,
accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively
deployed. ONE has offices in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg,
London, New York City, Ottawa, Paris, Rotterdam and Washington DC.
ONE Campaign is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Creative Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-Time
About the Opportunity
- The Creative Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence and
consistency among creative product development and execution, internal
and external marketing materials, client management, marketing and
talent strategies and project management, leading our marketing
strategies in Africa, that support the organization’s policy change
objectives in Africa and globally.
- This work will include but is not limited to brand management,
creative product development, development and execution of campaign and
marketing activities, management of relationships with creative
agencies and entertainment media.
- The Creative Manager role can be based in Abuja, Lagos or
Johannesburg, and will report to the Deputy Director, Africa with a dual
reporting line to the Creative Director based in Washington, DC. The
role will manage the Marketing Assistant responsible for Talent
execution of the talent strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee and support the design and delivery of campaign and
marketing strategies and content that will be suitable for specific
- Support the Africa team in developing and executing outstanding
creative products and content strategies which support ONE Africa
campaigns, grow membership or influence targets directly.
- Provide African extension and execution to global campaigns.
- Work with Senior Media Manager in developing and refining appropriate campaign messaging and campaign promotion plans
- Liaise with internal African clients to identify their
needs/requirements, schedule work, develop creative briefs and execute
- Identify suitable distribution partners for content and campaigns in line with ONE standards and practices.
- Oversee the planning and execution of marketing programs and
ensure synchronicity and integration across teams and platforms
(traditional media, entertainment and social media).
- Complement and cover for the Senior Media Manager as required,
particularly as it relates to writing, press outreach and organising
- Contribute to Team Africa and Global Marketing strategic planning, programme monitoring and reporting activities.
- Liaise with relevant teams across the organisation and external
partners as appropriate to prepare trip/event briefings for all A&T
and Grass tops.
- Maintain a database of talent, partners and vendors.
- Develop external Africa partnership opportunities that deliver
amplification and distribution for the brand and campaigns and
delivering against these plans.
- Prepare creative briefs and project manage creative plan
deliverables, ensuring projects are completed on time, on brief, and
- Liaise with external agencies, crews, and photographers to
develop on-brief creative that achieves ONE’s campaign and membership
- Work with the Africa management to bring in new and diverse creative talent and relationships.
- Proactively share cross-departmental plans and needs ensuring
that both the Africa Team and Marketing Department are connected for
effective continuity and prioritization.
- Represent the Africa Team in cross-team campaign efforts
- Bolster capacity in other regions/markets where required
- Keep on top of relevant innovations in creative campaigns, digital, marketing and entertainment
- Support the design and implementation of membership development goals
- Provide briefing materials and training to new talent and partners in coordination with Global Marketing
- Any other duties as required.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of professional
experience with at least three years of those focused on creative
product developments, talent management and project management in
Africa, extensive experience in Nigeria will be a plus.
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas and execute them.
- Demonstrable understanding of the role digital platforms play in
creative development; significant knowledge of the international
development sector and campaigning organizations a plus.
- Experience working with and managing creative vendors and talent– especially in video production.
- A solid grasp of pop culture and an understanding of how it can
be used in campaigns; prior experience working with artists and talent
is a plus.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task and determine priority projects/assignments
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Significant knowledge of the international development sector and campaigning organizations a plus.
- Experience of risk and reputation management with the ability to be diplomatic, tactful and proactive.
- Interest and dedication to the mission of ONE.
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills.
- An ability to multitask and determine priority projects/assignments.
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration with the ability to build consensus
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills; French or Portuguese language skills a plus.
- Experience working across time zones with the ability to travel (sometimes with short notice).
- Self-starter who can work independently or support others when necessary
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration with the ability to work cross-culturally.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty &
preventable disease, please submit an application, resume, cover
letter, and your desired salary on our jobs page.
- Please be advised that this is a rolling recruitment and this position will close once we have identified a suitable candidate.
- We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only
able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls
- Only candidates authorized to work in South Africa or Nigeria without any restrictions need apply.