Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business
software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers
including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and
industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
Oracle is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Manager, Oracle Academy
Job Ref: Contractor-Nonbillable-16000ZSC
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As Oracle’s flagship philanthropic educational program, Oracle
Academy advances computer science education globally to drive knowledge,
innovation, skills development, and diversity in technology fields.
- To this end, Oracle Academy offers students and educational
institutions a free and complete portfolio of software, curriculum,
hosted technology, faculty trainings, support, and certification
- The program works with public and private partners to provide
the tools educators need to engage inspire and prepare students to
become innovators and leaders of the future.
- Through Oracle Academy, students receive hands-on experience
with the latest technologies, helping to make them college and career
ready in the era of big data, cloud computing, the Internet of Things,
- Responsible for the management of the Oracle Academy program,
including marketing and outreach, program growth, training adoption and
the development of strategic partnerships and projects..
- As a member of the Oracle Academy team in EMEA, the Country
Manager will promote Oracle Academy in Nigeria. This role will be based
- Recruit new Oracle Academy members, and work with the Oracle
Academy Member Engagement and Services team to retain existing Oracle
- Communicate with key internal Oracle personnel to increase
awareness of Oracle Academy program offerings and goals, including sales
and pre-sales staff, Oracle University staff, alliances & channels
staff, and country management.
- Manage and run all promotional and recruitment events.
- Maintain general knowledge of all Oracle Academy policies, reporting and processes.
- Manage local Oracle Academy Marketing & Outreach budget.
- Identify PR opportunities for the Oracle Academy and work with
local PR managers via the global PR approval process to secure these
opportunities in social and print media.
- Travel will be up to 10%.
- Collect and document anecdotal feedback from members,
prospective members, and partners and provide input about Oracle Academy
benefits and campaigns (current and future) to the Marketing, Member
Engagement and Services, and Academy Program Development teams.
- Upon request, lead cross-team, global projects to develop marketing assets, campaigns and collateral.
- Develop and implement strategic projects to deepen Oracle Academy impact in Nigeria
- Identify, develop and manage strategic partnerships with
government organizations (MoEs), universities and other recognised
education and partner organizations to facilitate Oracle Academy program
marketing, training adoption and growth.
- Develop a go-to-market plan for each country which reflects the
current education landscape aligned to the Oracle Academy program
- Identify and develop training demand and create training plans
for Nigeria or partnership in association with the Oracle Academy
curriculum and training team.
- Fluent and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Creative thinker with the ability to work as a self-starter both
independently and collaboratively with the EMEA and larger, global
Oracle Academy team
- BA or BS Degree in any major field.
- 5+ years experience.
- Fluency in a second local language is a plus
- Prior business development or sales experience
- Knowledge of the local education market
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply