28 Sep 2016
Plan International Job in Abuja, Nigeria for a Head of Programmes and Business Development
around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives, Plan International currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens’ participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response. Plan International Nigeria works with communities, civil society organizations, development partners, governments at all levels and the private sector.
Plan International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Programmes and Business Development
Reporting To: Country Director
- This role is expected to provide leadership for Plan International Nigeria’s programming and fundraising initiatives.
- The job holder will monitor and evaluate the programmes impact and ensure shared programme learning
- As determined by the CD, S/he will deputize for the CD and carry out strategic coufitry leadership responsibilities.
- S/he will lead the programme and business development team in developing and managing innovative and quality child centred and gender responsive programmes, in line with the Country Strategic Plan as aligned to the global strategy.
Strategic Leadership for the Programme and Business Development Units:
- Developing programme policies, objectives, activity plans and timelines;
- Member of the Country Management team.
- Facilitate the design and evaluation of the Country Strategic Plan and Programs
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of Plan’s program.
- Develop programmes and project management annual operational plan and budget.
- Ensure all programme compliance with programme quality procedure.
- Ensuring that the programme is implemented in a cost effective, consultative, participative child friendly and gender sensitive ways.
- Represent Plan in national, regional and international meeting as may be recommended by the Country Director and ensure that information/agreements are communicate and implemented accordingly.
- Publications - provide leadership in facilitation the publication of Plan Nigeria’s corporate program reports/documents.
- Build relationships with appropriate partners/networks working for Plan programs
- Oversight of Plan international Nigeria’s partnership policy, ensuring that the country team is working in line with the policy and placing partnership at the heart of programmes.
- Conduct regular and frequent programme support visits to all programme locations with the aim of providing programmatic directions and support to Plan International Nigeria staff and partners in terms of programme delivery, donor compliance and programme implementation
- Ensuring the implementation of appropriate financial controls for the programme
- Monitor monthly budget versus actuals, and advise the Country Director of any problems associated with programme implementation and budget including spent
- Ensure budgets are developed that are cost efficient and realistic.
- Supervise development of funding proposals by the resource mobilisation and programme team and ensure proposal quality before submission to the CD.
- In close consultation with the Country Director and Funding Manager, liaise with donors and National organisations (NOs) on programme and fundraising issues.
- Ensuring timely narrative and financial reporting of good quality and accuracy for Plan International, National Organisations and donors;
- Performance management of all programme and resource mobilisation staff.
- Support the programme staff and identify areas for improvement in their performance.
- Coordinate with the Human Resource Manager, Programme Units managers and identify training needs and appropriate training courses for them.
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- A Master's degree in Social Science, Development Studies or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience (5 of which must be at Management level) working in programmes, Monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilisation.
- Strong national network and capacity to influence programme direction.
- Experience in producing proposals and reports for a variety of donors
- Demonstrable understanding and experience on gender issues and their relevance to development and humanitarian response work
- Extensive knowledge of Nigeria’s socio-economic and political environment. Including development and humanitarian context.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigeria’s development and humanitarian context.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant complication applications including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), SAP and other relevant applications
- Excellent Team work skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Analytical ability to draw pertinent conclusions.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences.
- Confident representation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a style that inspires confidence and builds credibility with staff.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV/profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position you are applying for in the subject space of your email.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not dncnminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Prospective applicants should note Plan International Nigeria takes issues of corruption and terrorism seriously and will conduct checks before any formal engagement.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.