14 Sep 2016
Programme Assistants recruitment at MamaYe- Evidence for Action (E4A)
MamaYe- Evidence for Action (E4A) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Locations: Bauchi, Gombe and Lagos
Report to: State Coordinator
MamaYe- Evidence for Action (E4A) is a programme managed by Options Consultancy Services and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation until 2017 to improve maternal and newborn survival through a combined focus on evidence, advocacy and accountability across three sub-Saharan African countries: Ethiopia, Malawi and Nigeria alongside regional level efforts.
In each country and at a regional level, E4A has launched a locally driven programme under an umbrella E4A regional advocacy campaign known as MamaYe! The campaign has a clear focus on survival and positive stories rather than a resigned social acceptance of death in pregnancy and childbirth, which is common throughout Africa. Under this investment, MamaYe-E4A will be able to scale up existing and effective models of change to improve maternal and newborn survival.
E4A brings together experts from academic institutions, internationally recognised advocacy and accountability coalitions and civil society organizations. It works through local institutions in each of the three selected countries, which host a small E4A Country Team. Please visit the website www.mamaye.org.ng for further information about the programme
Purpose of Job
- The Programme Assistant will assist the State Coordinator in the efficient administration and management of MamaYe-E4A activities.
- The post holder will report to the State Coordinator and the role will be based in the MamaYe host agency with potential travel within the state with overnight stays as required.
- They will play a supportive role to the State Coordinator in all aspects of programme implementation and will also work closely with the Host Agency to ensure the coordination and communication is smooth and efficient.
Support to the State Coordinator on Programme Management:
- To support the State Coordinator in all aspects of programme implementation, ensuring the efficient management of programme activities such as processing invoices, sourcing and supporting activity participants and consultants, maintaining databases, liaising with key contacts within the state, drafting, formatting and editing of reports.
- To ensure smooth coordination between the Host Agency and the State Coordinator as required ensuring smooth implementation of MamaYe activities.
- To support the programme in the management of event logistics, per diem, travel and accommodation for participants.
- To maintain accurate monthly records of the activities that have occurred within the state.
- Represent MamaYe at events at state level with or on behalf of the State Coordinator.
- Liaise with the Host Agency to secure venues, goods and services required for implementing programme activities.
- Support and coordinate the activities of the MamaYe Driver to ensure the Driver maintains as guided in the vehicle policy and regularly update the Vehicle Log.
- Any other duties which may be delegated by the State Coordinator which is commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
- Bachelor's degree in Administration or Social Sciences or other relevant qualification - Essential
- Experience of working in a busy office environment - Essential
- Experience working in an International Development organisation - Desirable
- Experience organising travel logistics, including flights, visas and accommodation - Desirable
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks - Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Essential
- Good numeracy - Essential
- Interest / background in / knowledge of current International Public Health issues
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office - Essential
- Highly proficient in other office-based computer programmes - Desirable
- Organised and methodical - Essential
- Calm under pressure - Essential
- Able to get along with others and be a team-player - Essential
- Interest in the International Aid sector - Essential
- Attention to detail - Essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a full-time position, running from November 2016 (depending on the availability of the successful candidate) to 31 December 2017.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the jobholder.
- Please indicate the State you are applying for in the subject line of your email, or indicate that you have no preference. Also state your highest educational qualification in the subject line of your email, for example, Abubakar Chinedu Kolade, PhD, Lagos State.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.