21 Sep 2016
Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Our scope covers the area of freight forwarding and logistics services
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Approach new customers to sell the company’s international freight forwarding and sea freight services
- Promote and grow our Air and Sea freight services (both imports and exports).
- Promote the company name and values.
- Selling the company's multimodal logistics services to new and existing clients.
- Arrange face-to-face meetings to present a portfolio of multimodal services, and to successfully win freight business with new and existing customers.
- Achieve agreed monthly/quarterly revenue sales targets.
- Be customer focused- understand the customer’s requirements and tailor a suitable solution for their needs
- Cold calling, quoting new business and close new business.
- Maintaining a healthy pipeline of customers/ accounts.
- Reporting weekly activities and monthly achievements to your line manager.
- Updating the CRM system.
- Use own initiative to identify new sales opportunities for customers based around the world
- Achieving an agreeable target every year.
- Developing new ideas/ strategies.
- Minimum of BSc in Business Admin,Finance,Marketing or other relevant fields required
- Candidates from the freight forwarding industry are preferred
- Strong track record successfully leading and managing sales teams
- Proven track record in selling air and ocean business as well as solution selling
- Demonstrated leadership, people and process management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, especially at the executive level
- Excellent verbal, written and visual/presentation communication skills
- Must have ability to handle multiple responsibilities -- to work across many accounts, projects, and/or issues and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment -- must work well across multiple units across the company
- Should be comfortable working with standard PC applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet) as well as using Sales Force Automation and Knowledge Management tools
- Should be familiar with the local business etiquette and customs of the region
Job Title: Ports & Shipping Administrator
- He/She will be responsible for the administration of financial transactions related to cargo delivery and general Shipping Services
- Responsible for cost accounting and GST calculation purposes.
- Monitoring shipping costs and updating the Voyage Economic Model accordingly.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual Shipping Services Budget based on the approved annual Shipping Plan.
- Gathering shipping market data and assisting in preparing shipping market review reports.
- Coordinating the timely shipping of orders to customers
- Producing customer specific paperwork where necessary in line with the customer procedures
- Booking in deliveries with relevant warehouses where necessary
- Invoicing dispatched orders
- Managing the performance of nominated carriers
- Processing authorised Returns and investigating credit notes as necessary
- Taking information from Marketing Support team and agreeing shipment dates, producing and checking shipment reports.
- Shipping goods based on information received from the internal customers.
- Liaising with shipping agents and freight forwarders for collection times.
- Liaising with warehouse staff to agree shipment dates and arrange haulage.
- Filing all shipping-related paperwork
- Handling internal and external enquiries.
- Liaising with customers on all matters regarding documentation and shipping
- Reporting dispatched order to the customer service and sales team
- Signing off supplier invoices as necessary
- Any other administration duties as may be reasonably required
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc in Ports & Shipping administration, Office Admin and any other relevant field
- 3+ years administration experience
- Previous experience in an import/export environment
- Knowledge of shipping methods and terminology
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to multi-task
- Impeccable organisation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to work accurately under tight deadlines
- An Import and Export qualification is desirable but not necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 10/10/2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.