24 Sep 2016
Standard Bank Derek Cooper Scholarship 2017 for study in the UK (Fully Funded)
successfully qualified on their own merit in their application for a one-year Master’s programme at either of the following partner university institutions: Oxford, Cambridge and London School of Economics and Political Science.
A preference will be given to students commencing a course of study in one of the following programmes:
University of Oxford
- MSC programme provided by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities divisions at the University.
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MPhil in Economics
- Mphil in Finance
- Mphil in Management
- Mphil in Education
- Mphil in Engineering for Sustainable Development
- The scholarships aim to support African graduate students of outstanding academic merit and leadership potential, orindarily resident in Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Preference will be given to students ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and South Africa who have been accepted to undertake MPhils in Economics, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development, Finance and Management. Applicants to the MBA and MFin are not eligible.
- Award holders will be expected to return to their countries to work or study after completing their course at Cambridge.
- The scholarships will provide the tuition and college fee in full, and a maintenance grant (i.e. living costs incurred in the college such as rental of college accommodation, food taken in college, etc.) commensurate to the national minimum doctoral stipend of the UK Research Councils and a single return economy air fare travel allowance.
The scholarships will be awarded annually, and the selection process will be managed through the University application process.
How to apply for the Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper Scholarship:
Please be advised that you will be required to apply for your programme of choice as well as funding. Application dates vary for each institution. Please therefore refer to your University of choice for application dates.
Applications should be channeled directly through each University website, as follows:
- For Oxford applications
- For London School of Economics and Political Science applications
- For Cambridge applications
Note: If applying for Cambridge, it is important that you list Magdalene College as your first preference in order to be considered for the Scholarship. Students will be required to complete The Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper application form which can be obtained through the Graduate Tutor’s assistant via firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships 2017
Application Deadline: 7th December 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.