Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not
only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal
a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities
we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on
engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and
performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We
encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from
every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on
how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we
have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to
incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive, Priority
Job ID: 529909
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Engage NTB Affluent clients via leads sourced from Alliances,
Targeted lists or Employee Banking Team (senior executives) with full
- Also handle client-led requests via ATL/online pull
- Activate NTB clients, set up and educate clients on remote
channel usage i.e., online, Client Centre, ATM, and hand-over clients to
assigned Priority Banking Team
- Do not manage the client relationship beyond acquisition & activation
Prepare & set up (remote):
- Collect info from leads from sources
- Pre-send product bundles description and bank proposition
- Collect all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms
- Sources of leads:
- ATL/ Online leads
- Catchment activity
- Targeted Affluent Lists
- BC/CC/CIC cross sell
- Target Clients:
- Priority NTB potential clients
Meet, deep sell & train (in person):
- Meet in person (ensure Priority Banking Team)
- Listen and determine further needs
- Acquire clients with anchor products
- Set up KYC needs with KYC centre
- Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Store
Activate and pass on (remote):
- Activate as per 100 day plan
- Prepare and pass on Client into interacting with the bank via Online, Client Centre, Store and Priority Banking Team
Polices and Guidelines
- To be familiar and comply with all relevant Group policies and local regulations in relation to all products.
- Ensure that all anti-money laundering / Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) guidelines are adhered to.
Anti Money Laundering / KYC / CDD
Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s
effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- Identifying your customer,
- Safeguarding records and
- Not disclosing suspicions to customers.
- Knowing your customer,
- Reporting suspicions,
Group Compliance Performance Objective
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risks and compliance policies and Group Code of Conduct
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including
collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and establishment
of effective controls.
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes
- To participate and contribute in the upcoming projects of the department to ensure timely and smooth implementation
- Senior Relationship Managers, RMs and peers in Retail Clients
- Senior Managers, SBIM, BOMs and BOOs of all levels in the Business Units.
- Group Internal Audit
- The overall success of Retail Client Nigeria.
Know how and Experienced
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales.
- Good working knowledge of the bank’s operating systems.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Client engagement
- Closing deals
- Client training on digital solutions
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Journey completion
- Understanding of KYC principles
- Good working knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Good PC skills.
- Product broadening
- Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply