24 Sep 2016
Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNL) Vacancy for a UFR Installation Engineer (Local)
Job Title: UFR Installation Engineer (Local)
The UFR Installation Engineer, who provides assistance and reports to the UFR Installation Manager, is directly responsible for providing technical insights to all installation engineering procedures and installation operations and pre-commissioning procedures associated with the UFR scope of work and make sure the tasks are carried out with full respect to HSE, quality and schedule in full compliance to particular technical requirements and schedule defined in the EPCI contract.
- Review of installation analysis, installation procedures and operational installation related documents
- Lead technical discussions with the CONTRACTOR, Marine Warranty Surveyor or other stakeholders Participate to various technical workshops
- Participate to Risk Assessment workshops
- Follow up on interfaces with other Egina packages
- On an occasional basis, attend to activities on site or offshore
- Liaising with any onshore discipline engineer concerned by the technical issues raised during installation preparation.
- Preparing technical documentation for interface with FPSO, OLT & SPS contractors to make sure that technical issues are correctly identified by all parties,
- Supplying verified information to the reporting system that allows full tracking of installation events either to be used for reporting issue or for mitigation of future change order.
- Working in cooperation and getting assistance from dedicated Egina UFR Team specialists (such as material & welding, corrosion & coating, etc ...), TUPNI Marine/Logistic or TOTAL HQ Specialists (DEV/TEC), or third parties, if required, for specific topics.
- Providing inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary and issuing reports and presentations as necessary
- Ensuring HSE requirements are taken into consideration during installation design and installation phases and that design is approved by Third parties (Certification and/or Classification and/or MWS) when applicable.
- Ensuring that contractor HSE plan is properly bridged with Egina HSE plan and that contractor implement the necessary prevention means to minimize risk to people and Company/contractor assets, at any time during the installation phase.
- Participating to the UFR installation risk assessment and following mitigation measures, in close coordination with the contractor risk management team.
- Verifying that all safety and environmental findings will be implemented in the final procedures.
- Participating in various technical reviews (COMOPS, SIMOPS, Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary.
- Reports to UFR Installation & Pre-commissioning Manager any issues he may face and propose ways of improvement.
- Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent, specialized in Marine Construction/ Civil Engineering.
- Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, marine operations and offshore construction.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Design and Installation of Subsea / Deepwater Steel Structures or previous exposure to UFR EPCI projects.
- At least 3 years cumulative experience offshore on installation vessels
- Good knowledge of international structural design codes / standards and TOTAL general specifications.
- Good organizational skills Ability to prioritize activities, identify critical aspects, propose solutions, lead specialists or third parties, summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate including Compressed Air Emergency Breathing system training
- Shall be in possession of a Department of Petroleum Resources Offshore Safety Passport
- Shall have a valid Residence Permit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.