29 Sep 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Job in Nigeria for a Senior Protection Assistant
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of a Senior Protection Assistant in its Maiduguri Office on a fixed term basis.. Hence we are currently seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Protection Assistant
Vacancy No.: 2016/VA/011
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the general guidance and support from the Protection Associate, the Senior Protection Assistant will monitor protection standards, operational procedures and practices in protection delivery in line with international standards and provide functional support to information management and programme staff.
- To achieve this, the incumbent will need to build and maintain
effective interfaces with communities of concern, local authorities and
protection and assistance partners by performing the following duties:
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Provide counselling on protection issues to persons of concern; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Support activities in protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Participate in individual protection case management including cases of SGBV and child protection. Monitor and report on cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Assist in identifying durable solutions for persons of concern.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Assist in drafting reports, routine correspondence, updating relevant databases and compiling statistics for the protection unit/section.
- Contribute to initiatives to enhance national and local protection capacities.
- Conduct preliminary information gathering and interviews in support of eligibility, status determination, durable solutions and social needs assessment.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan for persons of concern as part of the protection strategy.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Completion of Secondary School. Additional Training courses in protection related issues.
- 4 years relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Good computer skills.
- Completed Protection Learning Programme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application and P.11 at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.