15 Sep 2016
Vacancy at Pfizer for a Sales Manager
access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Pfizer is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Job ID: 1039047
Reports to: Sales Director
- To deliver the sales targets for given portfolio of brands within defined geography, by ensuring full understanding and execution of Brand, Customer, Account Plans and tactics.
- Lead and motivate a team of sales representatives, including recruitment, training, development and the management of performance to ensure that they are motivated and equipped with the knowledge, skills and support to perform and execute effectively.
- Develops business / customer / account plans and execute same for assigned portfolio of products within given geography, in line with Pfizer values
- Ensure proper utilization and care of all company assets and resources within jurisdiction
- Produce and submit reports and management statistics as required
- Ensure compliance to FCPA and GPIHP
- Ensure effective allocation of Field Force (FF) according to agreed business plans
- Ensure achievement of Financial management of sales expense budgets so that financial targets are met
- Develop constructive internal and cross functional relationships to facilitate team work; exchange of information; customer knowledge and the development of business opportunities.
- Build and manage key relationships locally e.g. influential customers as part of the agreed business plans
- Segment and target high potential customers
- Ensure customer coverage in the selected territories
- Monitor the territorial distribution aiming to maximize reach and effect of the PSR efforts
- Fully leverage and synergize with other departments in the company (Marketing, KAMs)
- Ensure all team members identify and leverage the influence of KOLs in a given geography
- Develop strategic partnerships that deliver on customer and Pfizer objectives
- Ensure that accurate, timely and relevant customer knowledge; information and feedback are communicated by team members to relevant partners across the business using agreed processes e.g. electronic customer management systems
- Ensure regular coaching of FF on their roles accountabilities effectively manage performance of FF by setting measurable metrics, sales targets based on agreed business objectives.
- Support and ensure implementation of DMI as a standard work tool
- Evaluate and provide timely feedback and coaching to the PSRs in order to ensure performance and high level standards
- Support the effective and transparent application of the incentive plans
- Generate a highly motivated and effective team in a positive work environment, modelling the company values
- Knowledge of healthcare environment - Structures/ Functionality/ Processes/ Funding / Distribution Chain / Traditional and Non Traditional Customers
- Graduate of Science at Bachelor's level
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Therapeutic areas
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry with successful sales experience and proof of consistent delivery of objectives ( minimum 3 - 5 years )
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in influencing a broad range of stakeholders through credible, clear and logical communication.
- Holds people accountable
- Acts decisively
- Leads Change
- Implementation/execution skills
- Metric development, monitoring and control
- Negotiation skills - internal and external
- An understanding of how to develop and use customer insight
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of people management – motivation, coaching and development
- Commercially astute with strong business acumen
- Computer literate including manipulating Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word, Electronic Customer Management Systems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID (1039047) in the Job ID Box, and click "Search"
Application Deadline 26th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.