The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified
candidate for the position below in the Regional Security Office (RSO),
Job Title: Spear Logistics and Liaison Coordinator, FSN- 08/FP-6*
Location: Abuja – Regional Security Office (RSO)
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Functions of the Position
- Incumbent provides logistical support to Anti-Terrorism Assistance (ATA) Nigeria program.
- S/he will maintain and improve liaison with the GON (Government
of Nigeria) training partners and assists visiting ATA instructors in
the delivery of all ATA Trainings, in addition to the ATA Special
Program for Embassy Augmentation Response (SPEAR) training courses.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed
below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so
may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- University degree in Social Sciences is required.
- Ability to develop contact with Nigeria security organizations is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with
ability to interact with persons at all level of government and the
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license
- Minimum of five (5) years in administration, logistics, training
coordination and project implementation and /or coordination with law
enforcement, military, judicial or international organizations is
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories
are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately
describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may
result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for
a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S.
Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four
(4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge
from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not
received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy
announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be
considered in the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not
eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most
recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA)
or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to
apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment,
unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N6,115,042 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$46,093 EFM/MOH – US$39,558 (Full-Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum
requirements as advertised. Please reference the job
title and announcement number on the application
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here to download the Position Descriptions (PDF)
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for
Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be
residing in country to be considered, but the
sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority
does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered.
Application Deadline 15th September, 2016.