Literamed Publications Nigeria Ltd, est. 1969, is Nigeria’s leading Children’s book publisher. Its imprint “Lantern books” is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa. The company’s head office is situated in Lagos, Nigeria with ten (10) depots across the country and a West African office in Accra, Ghana.
Job Title: Web Developer
- · Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- · Create website layout/user interface by using standard web development toolkit.
- · Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- · Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- · Create and maintain software documentation
- · Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- · Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- · Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- · Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages;
- · Proven working experience in web programming
- · Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- · Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: PHP
- · Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- · Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- · A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- · Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- · Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- · Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation process
- · Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- · Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- · Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- · Payment Gateway Integration
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, CV/Resume and list of work done to firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
Application Deadline October 7, 2016