JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the
Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company
has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a
valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business
activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer
rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy
ambitions for a successful future career.
JAGAL Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder – 3G/4G
Reporting to: Manager-Fabrication and Manager-Welding
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to weld all position of welding such as 3G, 4G, 6G & 6GR on SMAW/FCAW on both plate and pipe.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Operating other accessory equipments and performing some tasks
necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas
tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, and other types of welding
- Examining finish products and spare parts and comparing them with samples to check whether the specifications are met;
- Being in charge of preparing and setting up necessary tools and
equipments for welding job such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or
other welding equipments
- Welding spare parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.;
- Supervising and identifying any fault in operating the equipment
or in relation to any material or equipment, then notifying the
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or
grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements
and create a welded final product;
- Any other duties as from time to time deemed necessary, which are not necessarily part of your usual job description.
Key internal interfaces:
- Welding Manager
- Fabrication Manger
- Welder and other Staff
- Relevant trade test(s) and SSCE. Higher qualifications are added advantages.
- Working experience on an EPC project will be an additional advantage
- Safety certificate (general) and other safety certification will be an added advantage.
- 3 -5 years minimum, in major Oil & Gas EPC projects, must possess vast Knowledge in the fabrication industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply