18 Oct 2016
Agricultural Jobs at AgriSeedCo Nigeria Limited, Kaduna
AgroSciences Limited a leading Nigeria Agro Input provider and marketer, this Joint venture a new entrant to the Nigeria seed industry was incorporated in Nigeria under the name AgriSeed Co Nigeria Limited in 2013.
In response to the current efforts of the Federal Government of Nigeria to boost Agricultural Productivity, create employment opportunities, enhance rural farmers income and food security, the company is at the forefront of making available high yielding disease resistant maize hybrids that is transforming the agricultural landscape and fortune of the country in conjunction with her collaborating partners.
AgriSeedCo Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Line Development Maize Breeder (West Africa/Tropical Lowland)
- In close consultation with the Seed Co West Africa (SCOWA) business unit and global maize breeding lead, the maize breeder will implement the maize breeding strategy for Tropical Lowland/ West and Central Africa. And also be called upon to support seed production, extension and marketing functions in the SBUs of the SC group across Africa.
- The objectives will be achieved by generating and developing a pipeline of yellow maize inbred lines and making hybrid combinations for advancement and release in the tropical lowland environments in western and central Africa. This entails assessment of introductions, implementation of crossing plans, selection schemes and establishing the product testing network in target regions of product deployment.
- At least a MSc in Plant Breeding, A PhD will be an advantage; Computer literacy
- Knowledge of tropical lowland germplasm and product requirements will be an added advantage
- Data analysis and result presentation
- Communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work both in a diverse research team and independently is crucial
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a maize breeding programme
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and brief profile electronically using their location & position applied for as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Kindly use job title and location as mail subject.
Application Deadline 21st October, 2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.