12 Oct 2016
Airtel Nigeria Job Vacancy for a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Compliance
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 10/12/2016 01:04:00 pm Tags: Airtel , Experienced Job Positions , IT and Telecoms Jobs
affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
Airtel Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Compliance
To establish, implement and maintain the Financial Reporting processes and procedures to an acceptable standard in conformity with all applicable accounting policies including Company and Group policy, IAS, IFRS, Nigerian Accounting Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Standardized and compliant accounting standard:
- Ensures accurate revenue reporting while building in validation mechanics to report correctly
- Drive OPEX productivity
- Ensure sanity checks and delivery of monthly Financial Report
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of group reporting requests
- Ensure accuracy of Fixed Asset Register
- Ensure accuracy of General Ledger Accounting
- Develop and implement financial control policies and procedures
- Identify and provide short to medium term tactical direction in ensuring financial processes are implemented
- Develop a review mechanism to ensure and measure compliance
- Identify and formulate Strategies to help drive Collections and Bad Debts performance as well as creditors’ management
- Business partners relationship management
- Ensure timely completion and coordination of Quarterly Audits with no qualification or material adjustments
- Review, preparation and Corporate Governance compliance on Annual Audited Financial Statements
- Liaison with External Auditors and ensuring a clean audit opinion always
- Regular communication and feedback mechanism to foster work balance
- Leading by example
- Coordinate the delivery of the directorates 5+5 accurately, in time and in line with budget
- A University degree in Finance/Economics or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Sound Financial Accounting knowledge
- Telecom experience is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years senior level experience of overseeing finance function at National level
- Strong ethics, hands on approach, cultural awareness, business acumen and good communication skills
- Professional accounting qualification (CFA, ACCA, ACA )
- Minimum of 10 years of industry track record mostly gained in International, blue chip environments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.