The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The
institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development
University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and
build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal
concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is
world-class career-oriented institution missioned to
be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN
has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the
leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical
social and economic problems.
This position is a local position and open to indigenous and/or
legal residents of Nigeria. We are seeking for suitably qualified
candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Front Office Manager
Department: AUN Hotel
Summary of Position
- The Front Office Manager manages all aspects of the department
including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting with hotel
policies and procedures.
- The Assistant Front Office Manager provides leadership and
support to all members of the Front Office, implements and enforces the
AUN Hotel Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front
Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence
and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and
procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints,
problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues
that may arise.
- Coordinate daily activities with hotel management team on a daily basis.
- Hold monthly department meetings keeping staff informed of all
activities in the hotel, reinforcing Standards of Excellence and
promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and
training. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency procedures. This
position is a member of the hotel’s emergency response team.
- Inform all Front Office staff of daily activities, group and VIP
arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check
accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out
accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to
accommodations if appropriate.
- Undertake full responsibility for managing operating expenses and purchasing for the department
- Set Front Office Budget, monitor Profit & Loss and cash
handling throughout the year. Supervise Upsell program at the Front
Office and work as part of the Yield Management team to try and maximize
revenue for the hotel.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in any social sciences
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, mature and resilient
- Must have good oral and written communication skills. Should be
able to communicate effectively with top management, fellow managers,
and subordinates and with the general public.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Experience in hotel management will be an added advantage
- Must have stamina to remain focused and resolute in regular stressful and tiring job conditions.
- Employee Relations, Training and coaching.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes/CV’s, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 27th October, 2016.