Control Risks is a global risk consultancy specialising in helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments.
We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. Since our inception in 1975, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide. Our renowned expertise, the breadth of our services and the geographical reach of our organisation enables us to help our clients meet their challenges and realise new business opportunities across the world.
Job Title: Analyst/Senior analyst
The analyst/senior analyst will produce output on Nigeria, and sometimes on the broader West Africa region, for Control Risks’ online subscription products and for bespoke consulting engagements. The successful candidate will work as part of a team, and must have a proven ability to deliver expertise on Nigeria, ideally in a corporate environment. They will have outstanding analytical and communication skills, as be highly proactive and flexible. The successful candidate may be based in Lagos or London, but will be required to travel frequently, including (if based in Lagos) to the UK for training.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Demonstrating expertise
- Maintain a high level of regional expertise focused on Nigeria, through research, attendance at seminars and research trips.
- Lead team discussions about Nigeria-related issues, risk ratings and topical developments.
- Build effective relationships with the Africa analysis team and West Africa-focused experts more broadly within the company, including both those based in Lagos and London.
- Develop and effectively manage government, academic, journalist and business contacts in the region, and share knowledge about sources with other members of the desk.
- Contribute to company-wide promotional publications, press releases and sales initiatives, and respond to media queries on the region.
- Writing analysis
- Write output for online subscription services, ensuring that clients receive high-quality, business relevant and varied analysis.
- Carry out revisions to country backgrounds and scenario products according to a schedule.
- Undertake research in support of the production of online content, including data-gathering for graphics.
- Liaise with editors to respond to queries promptly and to ensure that published analysis is of a consistently high standard.
- Consulting support and client engagement
- Contribute to business development and play a lead role in consulting engagements on the region where required, in partnership with members of the Lagos office and analysis teams.
- Assist in writing proposals for bespoke consulting work on the region while working alongside the regional head of consulting.
- Propose innovative ways to present facts and analysis, and assist in preparing the presentation of research, including in PowerPoint.
- Respond to client queries in a timely fashion.
- Think creatively about responses to client requests, and create bespoke and actionable solutions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of political, operational and security risks in Nigeria and, ideally, West Africa more broadly.
- A proven ability to undertake research into a wide range of different issues in the region.
- Familiarity with business-focused research.
- Academic or professional training in political, business or security analysis.
- Practical experience of living, working or travelling in Nigeria.
- Previous experience of consulting.
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Ability to identify and interpret events and developments of potential interest or concern to Control Risks’ clients.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills across a variety of economic, political and statistical subjects.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively to tight deadlines.
- Previous professional experience of political risk analysis.
- InDesign and Adobe Illustrator skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply