British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global
organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic
future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and
exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we
are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HRBP- Operations
Job Number: 12918BR
Locations: Ibadan, Iseyin and Zaria
Appointment type: Permanent
Reports: 2 Management staff (HRBP-Manufacturing, Operations Skills Executive)
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- To develop Human Resource strategies for Operations, which are
aligned with the business strategy for British American Tobacco Nigeria
and act as a strategic business partner by providing professional advice
and delivering effective HR policies/ practices/ systems/ processes/
tools and services to all staff in West African Area Operations.
- Develop an Operations Human Resources strategy aligned to the
strategic objectives and priorities for WAA Operations and the EEMEA
- Lead the development and delivery of HR programs and practices
that enable the delivery of business results in line with Operations
- Keep in touch with developments in the field of HRM, both within
the company and externally and bring such to bear on Operations.
- Ensure role clarity through clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Monitor performance against targets and drive a high performance culture.
- Allocate resources effectively for functional and
cross-functional activities and create an effective climate for teamwork
- Anticipate employee needs and deliver HR initiatives that will meet their expectations, and drive commitment
- Ensure that the resource requirements/manning levels for
Operations are optimal to support the delivery of strategic objectives
in the short, medium and long terms.
- Identify and implement HR projects which will contribute towards achievement of Operations strategic objectives.
- Lead implementation of talent management activities, culture
initiatives as well as employee engagement platforms in Operations
required in sustaining an enabling environment for the achievement of
Area and Operations strategic objectives.
- Provide visible and strong leadership to the Operations HR team including responsibility for succession planning.
- Support line managers in creating a climate which encourages innovation (using recognition schemes)
- Understand the capability gaps in the Operations HR organisation
and drive the development of both functional and leadership skills.
- Proactively manage key stakeholders both internally and externally to support delivery of Operations strategic objectives.
- Act as a role model within Operations and the entire Area.
- Demonstrate strong HR and business leadership involvement in the
West Africa Area Operations Leadership Team (OPSLT) as well as the Area
Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT).
- Effectively coach leaders across the entire Operations function and embed a culture of feedback.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA or HR professional certification (GPHR, CIPM, CIPD) will be a strong asset.
- 9-12 (5 years as a manager) years of progressive HR experience, preferably in a multinational organisation.
- Ability to build an effective leadership pipeline and robust succession plan.
- Exposure to international recruiting, networking and assignments is essential.
- Able to adapt to changes in the organizational environment.
- Confidence in influencing and interacting with top executives
- Demonstrated HR experience in a unionised manufacturing facility with excellent strategic business partnering capabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of HR practices and employment-related
legislation with strategic Industrial Relations
Desired Skill Requirements
- High level interpersonal skills, necessary to develop productive relationships and harness people potentials.
- Excellent written and oral skills with ability to communicate complex ideas and business concepts in simple and accessible terms
- Highly analytical, with proven problem solving skills.
- Strong Change Management, Leadership and Organisational
Development skills and the ability to bring these skills to bear in a
manufacturing and supply chain setting.
- Strong coaching and consultancy skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th October, 2016.