17 Oct 2016
Chauffeur Job at The U.S. Consulate in Lagos
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 10/17/2016 09:00:00 am Tags: Chauffeur Jobs , Chauffeur-Jobs , Lagos Jobs , US Embassy
Job Title: Chauffeur, FSN-03/FP-BB
Location: Lagos - General Service Office (GSO)
Work Hours: Full-time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent serves as Motor Pool Chauffeur.
- S/he will drive U.S. Government vehicles to and fro different locations throughout Nigeria and to neighboring countries.
- Additionally, s/he will keep assigned vehicles clean and perform all driving duties and perform minor mechanical maintenance, as may be directed.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Good geographical knowledge of Lagos, other cities and neighboring countries, including traffic laws and regulations and ability to drive carefully and cautiously in heavy and chaotic traffic situations on poorly maintained roads is required.
- Good knowledge of automotive operations, safety and maintenance practices, and ability to recognize a hazardous or dangerous situation and take appropriate action is required.
- Must have valid Nigerian Class E driver’s license and ability to communicate clearly on the phone or by radio when necessary.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional driving experience is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested. Level II (Limited knowledge) of any of the three major local languages (Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa) is required.
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
OR - Ordinarily Resident (OR) - N3,213,591 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-03
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR - AEFM/EFM - US$22,502 Starting basic salary p.a. Grade: FP-BB.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.