Job Title: Chauffeur/Scooter Driver, FSN-03/FP-BB
Location: Lagos – General Service Office (GSO)
Work Hours: Full-time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent serves as Motor Pool Chauffeur and a Scooter Driver.
- Coordinates and assists in loading and unloading operations to
ensure loads are properly secured and do not exceed weight limits for
- Performs all driver duties and minor mechanical maintenance and ensure work is done according to standard operating procedures.
- S/he operates assigned vehicles to deliver passengers and
freight to and from the warehouse, Consulate, Embassy Abuja, commercial
or residential locations throughout Nigeria.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed
below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so
may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional chauffeur and scooter operator experience is required.
- Good knowledge of automotive operations, safety and maintenance
practices, and ability to recognize a hazardous or dangerous situation
and take appropriate action is required.
- Ability to drive variety of vehicles (buses, sedans, pick-ups,
scooters and light trucks) using standard or automatic transmissions as
well as ability to drive on short and long trips. Must have valid
Nigerian Class E driver’s license and ability to communicate clearly on
the phone or by radio when necessary.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in
English is required. Language proficiency will be tested. Level II
(Limited knowledge) of any of the three major local languages (Yoruba,
Igbo and Hausa) is required.
- Good geographical knowledge of Lagos, other cities and
neighboring countries, including traffic laws and regulations and
ability to drive carefully and cautiously in heavy and chaotic traffic
situations on poorly maintained roads is required.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories
are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe
their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a
determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S.
Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of
the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and,
if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not
received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy
announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in
the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not
eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating
of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA)
or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they
have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
OR – Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N3,213,591 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-03
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM/EFM – US$22,502 Starting basic salary p.a. Grade: FP-BB
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the
minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible
for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not
have to be residing in country to be considered,
but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission
(com) authority does have to Be assigned
officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only
contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your
Application Deadline 31st October, 2016.