11 Oct 2016
Christian Aid (CA) Vacancies in Nigeria for Finance Associates
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 10/11/2016 08:11:00 pm Tags: Anambra State , Business and Finance Jobs , Business-and-Finance-Jobs , Christian Aid , Edo State
empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Christian Aid (CA) is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Locations: Edo and Anambra
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35hours
Length of Contract: FTC up to 31st December 2016
- To support the finance officer or finance manager by inputting financial data in an efficient, accurate and timely manner. Likely to operate in one office with supervision. To prepare financial documentation including cheques, petty cash reimbursement, petty cash advances and all staff floats.
- To ensure efficient and accurate cash and bank books are maintained and monthly accounts and returns are produced in a timely manner. To ensure efficient, accurate and timely collation of finance information requested by senior colleagues. To extract reports from the financial and administration systems to review the status of the budget and the adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- This role may or may not include providing administrative support to the office.
- Christian Aid Nigeria country programme is currently implementing a huge Malaria project funded by the Global Funds.
- The Finances of this project is under the direct supervision of a Finance Coordinator, line managed by the overall leadership of the Finance Manager.
- The Finance Coordinator supports Finance officers to ensure the finances of the project are well handled and work closely with the programme officers for the project.
- Christian Aid is seeking to employ the services of Finance associates to support directly the Finance officer for this project, working from the states the project is based.
- The project entails huge payments to individuals who have been trained by the project and also to vendors who provide specific services for the project.
- This project is implemented directly by Christian Aid staff and does not have a provision for now to work through local partners.
- As such there is a lot of accounting and day-to-day handling of cash and expenditure for the project.
- Cash, bank books and other financial documentation is maintained in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Christian Aid and donor financial policies and procedures are complied with.
- Senior finance staff are assisted in meeting office financial requirements.
- Good relationships with third parties, suppliers and partners are maintained through positive communication
- Monthly accounts and financial returns produced and submitted in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Local budgets are reviewed, updated and administered accurately.
(Key relationships, frequency of contact, purpose of contact (liaison/influencing/negotiating etc.)
- Suppliers, consultants, service providers, tax office.
- All staff.
- Make decisions to assist in the smooth running of financial processing. Providing advice on financial policies and procedures to local Christian Aid staff. Support the maintenance of all financial records.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and common sense to routine work in a specific area. Occasionally providing analysis or advice on financial matters.
- Will work under the instruction of others with responsibility oction of others with responsibility only for how the work is completed.
- Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
- Specialised knowledge of finance.
- Proven ability to address a small range of straightforward financial issues.
- Basic operational competency in MS Word and Excel.
- Academic qualification in Accountancy, Business Administration and Banking and Finance.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- At the early stages of an ICAN/AACA accountancy qualification.
- Knowledge of working in the NGO sector.
- IT competency required
LEVEL 1: You are expected to be able to:
- Work in a collaborative way that develops positive relationships and proactively provide help to others
- Treat everyone with courteousness, dignity and respect, recognising that people are different and have different views.
- Act and behave consistently with what you say..
- Proactively participate in team work and contribute ideas, including those that may be beyond your own or your team’s role.
- Keep others informed about what is going on in your own work area.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Explain things simply and in a different way if someone appears not to have understood.
- Be sensitive to and take responsibility for how your actions and words impact on others and adapt if necessary.
- Pass on messages or information promptly and accurately, ensuring clarity and understanding.
- Proactively question to clarify when needed.
- Be responsible for using resources economically, whether these are Christian Aid resources or wider environmental resources.
- Recognise that time is a resource and take responsibility and proactive measures for managing your time effectively.
- Agree your work plan and priorities, keep track of your own progress and keep others informed.
- Consider the consequences of your actions, and take responsibility for the impact on your work, your colleagues and team objectives.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Check the quality of your own work and deliver to expectations.
- Seek clarification and support from your manager when needed, ensuring appropriate sign-off.
- Respond promptly to the requests of others, handling competing priorities and seeking guidance on these where appropriate.
- Acknowledge gaps in your own knowledge and skills and seek out information and advice in order to learn.
- Regularly ask for and act on feedback on own performance.
- Assist others by showing how to complete tasks and sharing knowledge.
- Demonstrate openness and willingness to embrace change, be flexible and adapt to new methods of working.
- Show initiative when faced with problems and proactively seek solutions.
- Willingly share knowledge and information that may help others.
- Respond quickly and positively to new initiatives.
- Find ways to make improvements in your work and ways of working.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Further details of specific tasks and duties will be agreed with the line manager as part of the performance agreement. Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- This role profile is not prescriptive; it merely outlines the key behaviours the role-holder requires to be successful in the role; the key behaviours and responsibilities are subject to change. Any changes will be made in consultation with the role-holder.
- You will be expected to abide by the Code of Conduct, policies and procedures within Christian Aid which may be updated from time to time.
- You must be in sympathy with the aims, beliefs and values of Christian Aid as it seeks to work on relief, development and advocacy for poverty eradication
Application Deadline 14th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.