28 Oct 2016
Christian Aid Vacancy in Nigeria for a Driver
Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Christian Aid is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job Code: 0943
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Length of Contract: 2 Years
About the Role
- The role works within the Administrative role family and is key to ensuring staff, visitors and goods are taken to their required destination within Christian Aids offices, with significant travel within country.
- To maintain all Christian Aid vehicles, including safety equipment.
- To ensure regular maintenance of the project vehicle and where required, ensure any complex vehicle repairs are carried out by the appropriate service provider.
- To provide logistics and administrative support within Christian Aid office.
- You have a minimum of Secondary School Certification with basic knowledge of clerical work.
- You must also have experience driving a vehicle with passengers, knowledge of the area and experience of liaising with government and security officials when required.
- You must have basic computer skills and be able to communicate in English language. It is desirable for you to have administrative and logistic support experience
- You must have a minimum of five years driving experience, including evidence of a one year learning period with a valid driving licence and any other documentation required to drive and maintain a four wheel vehicle.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
- As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Competency Question 1: Tell us about a time when you worked in a helpful and cooperative way with others and provided help to them without being asked
- Competency Question 2: Tell us about a time when you needed to explain something in a simple or different way because someone appeared to have not understood you
- Competency question 3: Tell us about a time when you took an initiative to solve a problem.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.