Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company,
provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with
a broad range of financial products and services.
Citibank Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Banker
Job I.D: 16071923
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- The principal purpose of the position is to facilitate a focused
and orderly interface between the Public Sector, Infrastructure,
Telecoms and other Corporate and Commercial customers and all the
product and service groups in order to maximize revenues from customer
The major objectives of the position are:
- Managing Citibank relationships in the Public Sector, Infrastructure, Telecoms and other Top Tier Local Corporates (TTLC); and
- Marketing and converting new target market names
- Ensure that the unit revenue goals are met
- The impact this position has on the bank is to ensure that the
franchise remains the leading Public Sector, Infrastructure, Telecoms
and other Top Tier Local Corporates (TTLC) in Nigeria.
- Develop and implement continuous (independent and joint) calling
programs and interactions/discussions with assigned accounts and on
prospective clients to create a continuous flow of incremental business
- Credit process initiation, including proposal preparation, loan administration and remedial action as required.
- Design and sell, in conjunction with product managers, solutions that meet customers’ particular needs.
- Work closely with Citiservice in providing account management and customer service to key customers.
- Responsible for achieving revenue goals from assigned relationships in the most cost effective manner.
- Maintain asset quality to avoid delinquent or impaired asset portfolio.
- Prepare quarterly credit call memo for all relationship under management.
- Negotiation of loan/credit terms and conditions, pricing
determination for various products, closing of transactions and follow
up after sales.
- Responsible jointly with Risk analyst for initial, annual and interim credit review of all assigned relationships credit.
- Frequently interact with Fixed Income, EAF and Corporate
Finance units to generate structured customer solutions and incremental
- Frequently interact with Citiservice and OandT in general and
Parent Account Management teams of all Public Sector, Infrastructure,
Telecoms and TTLC names and provide proactive customer service.
- Frequently interact with TTS to achieve high credit cross sell
ratio by actively selling cash management, trade and EB products.
- Frequently interact with Risk and CRMS to maintain acceptable credit quality of assigned relationships
- Frequently interact with all Public Sector, Infrastructure,
Telecoms and Top Tier Local Corporates Target Market prospects to
generate incremental business for the bank
Skills and Experience:
- 15 years post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must
have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years must have been on
a senior manager or equivalent position.
- Customer management and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to recognize and explore business opportunities
- Very strong Marketing, Credit and Analytical skills
- Mandatory working experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations.
- Minimum continuous credit and financial analysis experience of 4
years or relevant experience from other areas of the bank or other
- A B.Sc / BA Degree.
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high
compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a
- Problem loan recognition capability
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be
considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different
units within the bank in order to deliver good quality service to the
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates
differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value
to decisions or actions and organisational success.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply