7 Oct 2016
Coffey International Job in Nigeria for a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Coffey International is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job no: 494870
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work type: Contract
Categories: International development
Duration: As soon as possible to December 2017
- Coffey International Development is managing a five year project in Nigeria to facilitate improvements in the performance and inclusiveness of the wholesale and retail sector. The Growth and Employment in States (GEMS) programme, a joint initiative of DFID, the World Bank and the Federal Government of Nigeria is targeted at four states of Nigeria: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos and Cross River, but as with other components, work in the wholesale and retail component will expand beyond these states where impact can be maximised. In the case of this component, work may be required in the trading centres of Aba and Onitsha (in Abia and Anambra states, respectively).
- Like the wider GEMS programme that it comprises, GEMS4 will use a Making Markets Work for the Poor (or M4P) approach to diagnose the problems and inefficiencies within the sector and design interventions that facilitate systemic change. The project will work to build local capacities and change market incentives so that the sector better meets the long-term needs of the poor, including women across the country.
- The core purpose of the position is to work with the Planning and Results Manager (PRM) to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of the programme delivery. The position holder will report to the PRM.
- The aim of this role is to provide timely and accurate data for the measurement of programme impact and value for money.
- The position holder will support the PRM in coordinating collection of primary and secondary data requirements as deemed necessary.
- S/he will also provide assistance in aggregating the results from the intervention level M&E systems to the level of the overall programme.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation framework for the programme follows guidance from both Department for International Development (DFID) and the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED).
- In practical terms the position holder will work with the PRM to collect, analyse and interpret data to verify and record progress towards intervention specific targets as outlined in the Programme Log frame.
- Lead in the preparation and design of M&E templates and intervention monitoring tools for Intervention managers as requested by the PRM.
- Support and supervise as appropriate the collection of data from the private sector and other relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the PRM and GIM/IMs in the identification of key indicators of change at the intervention level and deciding on a robust measurement and methodology for measuring.
- Support implementation of M&E plan for the programme.
- Contribute to and lead when requested in different sections of the quarterly, annual and other project reports as required
- Assist the PRM with other duties as may be required.
- Support disaggregation of data as required for programme indicators.
- Undertake the analysis and interpretation of data (including less than perfect data) as required for programme reporting and other needs as agreed with PRM
- Ensure that all data is disaggregated by gender where appropriate.
- Support and supervise the collection of baseline information / data for all programme indicators across all selected pilot interventions as appropriate.
- At least 2 years' experience of M&E on development projects;
- Eligible to work in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Applicants without the required experience will not be considered
Application Deadline 20th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.