18 Oct 2016
Cost Controller Job at West African Ventures Ltd
With corporate headquarters in Lagos, Marine Support Base and shipyard in Warri, Dry-dock and Fabrication facilities in Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone, WAV provides excellent offshore support services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas sector.
Job Title: Cost Controller
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
- • Responsibility for forecasting, controlling and monitoring project budgets
- • Prepare cost estimates for offshore construction and installation projects or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of projects or services
- • Monitoring total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- • Maintaining cost breakdown structures
- • Distribute the project charge codes and making sure all the costs are booked to the correct budget
- • Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- • Prepare variation reporting for any change in budget with detail explanation and backup
- • Monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes
- • Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
- • Work closely with Contract Lead to evaluate the cost impact on any Change Order
- • Monitor the PMT, engineering, construction labours man-hours compared to bid budget
- • Understand the execution plan and dial in any deviation from bid basis into the budget and obtain budget approval from project manager and management
- • Involve in risk assessment and populate the contingency budget
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.