Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary
business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel
and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel
systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and
electrical power generation
systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana,
(USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide
and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories
through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent
distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins
earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins Inc. is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Project Team Leader
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying
complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business
stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and
analysis; provides input into the design and development of project
plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of
risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify
alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on
other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors
measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on
status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish
various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various
stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion;
facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to
determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business
stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project
plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks
performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Issue Management – Maintains a cross-functional project issues
list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue’s level of
importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of
changes to the project plan.
- Stakeholder Management And Communication – Identifies, engages
and manages stakeholders on a project or groups of projects. Overcomes
obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies
stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit
the unique needs of each type of stakeholder.
- Business Planning/Strategy – Familiar with tools for financial
analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get
- Cross-Functional Knowledge – Understands the more detailed
hand-offs between functional areas on a project, and knows the detailed
work of at least one functional area.
- Project Risk Management – Leads teams in the development of a
project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary, and identifies and
manages the actions to mitigate the risk.
- Scope Management – Solicits and organizes customer requirements
(Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables.
Uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining
document, and manages change. Manages the connections between multiple
levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech
Profiles or equivalent documents).
- Schedule Management – Develops and maintains a cross-functional
schedule. Proficient at one or more schedule management tools. Knows the
right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
- Resource Plan Management – Develops and manages a
cross-functional resource plan for a project. Knows the right level of
detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply