Job Title: Hotel Front Office Manager
- Ensure effective customer service . Oversees phone reservations and room assignment.
- Greets and registers guests and fulfills requests for special services, such as meetings or transportation.
- Also meets with other department managers, such as marketing and revenue, to find ways of improving the guest experience.
- Deals with any customer problems, and may offer discounts,
adjustments to bills or complimentary rooms to compensate for
- A good first Degree in Hotel Management and other related fields.
- Strong Leadership and management skill.
- Ability to use different hotel softwares.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Hotel business with minimum of 4 years as a Front Office Manager in a 5 star hotel
Job Title: Revenue Management Manager (Hotel)
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
- Identify new revenue opportunities.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly analysis, strategy adjustment and reporting.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
- Act as overall business development consultant for the hotel manager/owner.
- Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff
- Embed a revenue management culture Analyze overall monthly hotel
performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve
long term strategies.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor
analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield
management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield
management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new
- Ensure hotel personnel is fully competent in the use of all systems
- Ensure hotel personnel is fully competent in the use of all
systems Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments
as a team
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends..
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Finance/Accounting/Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies.
- ACA would be added advantage.
- Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets.
Job Title: Director of Sales (Hotel)
- The Director of Sales & Marketing will be responsible for
all aspects of sales, analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and
business growth goals.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and communication skills with
associates, guests and owners. Directs sales associates, builds sales
budgets and marketing/business plans, while ensuring the hotel is
protected and inventory controls are in place.
- Ensures all operations are in alignment with the vision of the
General Manager, Company and brand standards. Delivers quality service,
achieves financial goals and implements short and long term strategies.
- Establishing powerful marketing strategies and campaigns
- Establish outstanding relationships within the market place
- Set property up for success for year over year profit goals
- Have a proven track record as a Director of Sales and Marketing in a upscale hotel 5 star hotel
- Experienced leader who can effectively manage a team and ensure action plans and goals are attained
- Can deploy and mentor a sales team to uncover new accounts and business in a highly competitive market
- Is a self-starter who is able to work creatively and has a strong marketing background.
- 10 to 15 years of hotel sales and marketing management experience
- A good first Degree with MBA .
- Ability to Travel and multi-task
- Requires effective business writing ability and communications skills
- Develop strong internal and customer relations.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 25th October, 2016.