Daniel Ogechi Akujobi Memorial (DOAM) Foundation is a charitable,
humanitarian, and non-governmental organization established in 2006, in
memory of Master Daniel Ogechi Akujobi (1992-2005) who died from
injuries he sustained in a fatal vehicle accident on his way back to
school along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Ogun State Nigeria. He was the
only son of his parents. DOAM Foundation is a non-racial, non-religious
and non-discriminatory charitable organization. We respect and work
with all manners of people, no matter where you come from or where you
The Foundation is presently seeking for skilled and highly motivated candidates to join its team in the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer will be involved in proposal and report
writing, community engagement, donor/benefactor stewardship and
fundraising amongst others.
In this role:
- She/He will be responsible for developing and sustaining
long-term relationships with current and potential donors to maximize
their philanthropic participation with the Foundation and must have
strong interest in working with vulnerable populations, especially
children and the youth.
- Database and donor relationship management
- Fund raising
- Develop ideas, projects and provide support to the Program
Manager to develop strategies and intended outcomes to actualize the
Foundation’s mission and values.
- Work with the Program Manager in partnering with other NGOs/CBOs
and Institutions for building community driven strategies of improving
the livelihood of orphaned and vulnerable children, including less
- Engage communities in defining their needs and building community driven strategies to address these needs.
- Research avenues and maintain a knowledge base to further
develop and enhance the capacity of orphaned and vulnerable children
- Prepare routine reports on program activities.
- Prepare grant agreements and maintain grantee files.
- Monitoring and evaluation of funded projects.
- Any other duties as defined by the Program Manager.
- A first degree in any social science discipline from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience on program development and management in the non-profit or development sector.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Intellectual agility and the ability to analyze think critically and understand issues and trends in the non- profit sector.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.
- Pleasant and amiable personality
- Good resource planning, organization and utilization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Result oriented, with excellent report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae,
including names and contact details of three referees to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted