Eat’n’Go brings great taste to Africa. A restaurant group dedicated to
bringing the best F&B brands and concepts to Africa, Eat’n’Go feeds
It has entered the market as the exclusive master franchisee for two
great international franchises: Domino’s Pizza, a $6 billion fast food
giant and Cold Stone Creamery, a $1.5 billion rising star.
Eat’n’Go is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
- Internships are professional experiences that students participate in to gain professional skills and experiences.
- Internships are structured as learning experiences that combine in-class theory with real-world applications.
- A valid experience for human resource management majors is an
internship or co-op that requires skills and knowledge obtained from
College of Business human resource courses.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate
degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources,
or non-profit management/administrative fields;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
Job Title: IT Support Assistant (Intern)
Reports To: IT Support Executive
- As a Support Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining
user uptime and improving computing experiences. You will also be
responsible for providing exceptional customer service to both internal
and external customers.
- You will be receiving mails/calls indicating a user support request, and you will identify and resolve issues.
- The requests may involve working with other resources and
vendors to deliver effective support services. You will then provide
ongoing technical support and follow up with clients (Stores and Head
- Primary Relationships
- The position reports to the IT Support Executive and serves as a member of the I.T department.
- Identifying, troubleshooting, resolving, and documenting user system issues
- Maintaining customer satisfaction in every step of the service delivery
- Installing, supporting, configuring, evaluating, maintaining,
monitoring, and analyzing systems and software in your assigned sight
- Updating service work notes
- Prioritizing work to resolve complex support client issues
- Establishing a high level of personal credibility and building strong relationships
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to IT Manager
- Utilizing remote monitoring and management software to resolve client requests
- Documenting, reviewing, and improving existing or new procedures and workflows
- Responding to client support request tickets, calls, and emails:
Knowledge and Skills
- The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Computer troubleshooting
- Computer viruses and security
- E-mail and internet programs
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks
- Team building skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Current or recent enrollment in Computer Science/Computer
engineering undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude
to work in the IT department.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Applications to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 15th October, 2016.