The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in
the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole
franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and
distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to
marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Safety Manager
Job Reference: OSM/10/2016
Department: Quality & Sustainability
- The Operations Safety Manager reports to the Country Safety
Manager. This position will be responsible for maintaining a Safe
Workplace in Logistics and Warehouse Operations in Plants and Depots by
ensuring that the Workplace is monitored and fully compliant with all
applicable Coca-Cola requirements, OHSAS 18001 standards, International
codes, rules and regulations.
The Key Responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensures that all Warehouse and Depot equipment meets safety
regulations and that all equipment and tools are used correctly by
- Understanding and implementation of local and national safety
laws and regulations, ensures adherence to Company standards, rules and
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Designs and implements Forklift Drivers’ training &
certification of warehouse personnel to include by location &
- Prepares high quality weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual
H&S reports for input to the broader Country statistics (including
H&S Metric performance measurement) and carry out routine analysis
in order to identify trends and key areas for focused attention and
- Responsible to conduct Warehouse and Depots safety audits and
implementing appropriate changes to correct or comply with
- Ensures proper care and maintenance of Warehouse and Depot
facilities and equipment. Also, all apparatus such as fire protection
and control equipment, First Aid Facilities, Lighting, Ventilation
control, Personal Protective Equipment, Storage facilities, Material
handling equipment must be available and in good working condition.
- Ensures implementation of relevant Programs to drive Health and Safety awareness and improvement in Warehouse and Depots.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines
- Interfaces with Warehouse and Logistics Managers, Depot
Managers, Plant Safety Managers, Contractors and Employees to formulate
and implement Safety improvement programs and Corrective actions.
- Designs relevant Safety Training for Warehouse and Depot
Employees & ensures Personnel training and corrective action
follow-up are completed.
- Travel required (50 – 55%) across Plants and Depots
Desired Candidate Profile
- B.Sc. or HND in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other related fields.
- Desired candidate must be a member ISPON (Institute of Safety
Professionals of Nigeria); Recognized Health & Safety qualification
(OHSAS 18001 and NEBOSH International General Certificate in
Occupational Safety & Health)
- A master’s Degree will be of added advantage.
- Ability to design and deliver training courses to different levels of employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to develop good relations at all levels both internally and
- Post holder must be highly motivated and flexible in approach,
with ability to prioritize, plan and implement his or her own work with
little direct supervision.
- Excellent command of English language required – written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel within and outside the country.
- IT Literacy
- Production/ Logistics/ Warehouse/ Transport management
experience (Minimum of 5 years) within a beverage/soft drinks or similar
process manufacturing company desirable.
- In depth knowledge of key Health & Safety practices and associated legislative requirements at national level essential.
- Ability to investigate and identify root causes behind H&S issues/incidents and develop pragmatic options for resolution.
- Project management skills.
- Good time management skills essential.
- Ability to organize and manage mixed ability teams in order to solve specific H&S related problems.
- Good awareness of organizational structures for effective
ownership and management of Health& Safety; Job design; performance
- Audio/visual skills in presentation of information and training material are essential.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to drive and enforce standards and influence people.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th November, 2016.