27 Oct 2016
Equal Access (EA) Vacancy in Nigeria for a Finance & Administration Officer
EA has launched AREWA24, a Hausa-language, free-to-air satellite television channel which can be viewed on Eutelsat Satellite Channel 16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000). AFDWA24 is locally produced by and for Northern Nigerians, and fully dedicated to the people, cultures, and values of the Hausa-speaking sub-region. With a slate of original and premier international programming, AREWA24’s goal is to create an authentic Hausa-language television platform that enriches the lives of Northern Nigerian viewers and projects the beauty, promise, and potential of Northern Nigeria. EA seeks to recruit an Accountant to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program
Equal Access (EA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer (Local Hire)
Reports to: Accountant
Working Relationship: Production Team, Finance and Administration Department.
Essential Job Functions
Manages office safe with other designated staffs for proper segregation of duties:
- Maintain office cash and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Performs daily safe reconciliation process with designated staffs
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Liaise with statutory bodies such as FIRS, PFAs etc and make statutory remittance to relevant bodies
- Supports procurement and administrative procedures within the department
- Support the facility management processes
- Manage office petty cash system
- Maintains agency’s filing system (finance, procurement contracts, preferred vendors file etc) in line with approved standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc/HND in Bookkeeping, Accounting and/or Finance.
- Good understanding and experience in using automated accounting software
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Knowledge of accounting packages e.g. Excel and QuickBooks
- At least 2 years’ experience in development sector (NGO) is desirable.
- Good understanding of finance and administration procedures
- Good understanding of donor procurement rules
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org Title of position applied for should be clearly stated as subject of the email
Note: We may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date
Application Deadline 9th November, 2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.