Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across
the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of
tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing
population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa
is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software
developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African
continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as
full-time distributed team members with companies that range from
Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan
Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is
building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion,
excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are
just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
Job Title: Facilities Consultant
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a Facilities Consultant whose primary role will be
to effectively manage all Andela’s functioning infrastructure,
operational services and processes in a way that will provide an
efficient and safe working environment for employees and their
activities. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will
bring extensive knowledge and experience in providing best business
practices to manage resources, services and processes, while improving
efficiency, reducing operating costs and most importantly increasing
Facilitate the day-to-day operations of all Andela facilities in
Lagos; including newly added facilities in future. This includes but is
not limited to the following:
- To lead supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and
that service level agreements have been agreed with the relevant
business owner (s). This will include Health and Safety issues,
Sustainability as well as penalty payments for non-compliance and
- Vendor procurement selection and contract management including
supervision, scheduling, and coordination; checking that agreed work has
been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Direct, coordinate, and plan essential central services such as
reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering,
waste disposal and recycling
- Develop and track monthly spending budgets and prepare reports
detailing budgeted amounts versus actual spent; Calculate and compare
costs for required goods or services; including ensuring that we get
best value for money.
- Plan for the most efficient allocation and utilization of space and resources for organizing the building and training premises
- Plan real estate acquisition and disposition.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise;
Troubleshoot operational, building maintenance, and health and security
issues, address employee concerns as related to these areas, and
elevate issues to the Deputy Director of Operations, as appropriate
- Communicate and carry out workplace and living space policies in
relation to facility usage; ensure patrons adhere to policies and
guidelines for conduct
- Oversee cleaning staff to ensure maintenance and orderliness of all working and living spaces at Andela’s facilities
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the generator and
contact the appropriate technicians to resolve power outages and
malfunctions, as appropriate
- Assist technical staff in ensuring internet systems are functional and working, as needed
- Provide admin support as required by the Deputy Director of Operations
- Continual Collaboration with various teams e.g. Operations, Finance,
success, recruitment etc, to ensure that facilities match up to needs
both present and planned. Where deficiencies are noted, to lead the
effort in ensuring we have solutions in place.
- Hold a University degree/Higher Diploma in Facilities Management or Business related courses.
- Have prior experience in managing facilities.
- Have a strong background in Vendor relation management, business operations and Infrastructure maintenance.
- Prior experience in a start-up/fast growing organization is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS office tools
- Technically competent, with excellent problem solving, analytical, IT and managerial skills
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Procurement and negotiation skills
- Focused on results
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
- Time management skills
- Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
- Team work skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Commitment to team success
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply