Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a
results-orientated Non-Governmental Organisation that believes that
women and men have the right to choose when they have children.
part of Marie Stopes International Global Partnership which operates in
43 countries and is one of the largest Non-Governmental provider of
family planning in the world. MSION uses modern management and marketing
techniques to meet the needs of the underserved and dramatically
improve access to high quality family planning and other reproductive
health services in Nigeria.
The various post holders are required to demonstrate: Initiative,
Energy, Persistence, Result orientation, Drive, Integrity, Enthusiasm
and Commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission of empowering individuals to have children by choice and not by chance.
Marie Stopes is currently recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Finance Director
Duration of contract: 2 years (Renewable)
- Prepare and submit monthly Management report of MSION
- Ensure sound financial controls in all MSION service delivery Channels
- Monitor the social marketing credit limits and advice FD about changes in credit limits
- Prepare Budget for Management approval and upload same in SUN within the deadline stipulated by MSION.
- Ensure a proper Transaction Filing System is maintained for all financial activities
- Regularly discuss with FD and team members concerning management
reporting issues, errors, trends, payment delays, outstanding
commitments and related matters.
- Undertake all areas of responsibility in a professional manner and in a way that enhances the reputation of MSION
- Coordinate closely with procurement and logistic team to get
monthly stock report on timely basis and verify stock report with
service data before entering in SUN system.
- Supervise the payroll system and ensure the payroll cost is
being allocated properly to each project and channels with consultation
of projects heads and HR department.
- Ensure the correct coding with close coordination of finance
manager and project heads. Review the transactions in SUN regular basis
for correct charging and allocation to relevant codes.
- Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory accounts as well as reports
- Provide in-depth analysis of monthly report that help FD in decision making
- Focal point of any queries come on monthly report form management and London office
- Responsible to complete the monthly reporting pack and submit to HQ on timely basis.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with London office and other country programs.
- Monitor the staff debt regularly and ensure advances must retire on timely basis.
- Provide support during project audits and statutory audit
- Filed visit to regional office on periodic basis to provide
support the field finance officer and ensure filed financial management
is transparent and all internal controls are in place.
- Advice FD in upgradation of financial procedures and policies as and when required on timely basis.
- Work as member of procurement committee and ensure all procurement is being done as per organization policies and procedure
- Any other duties requested by the Finance Director or other
Senior Management Team members. The JD’s can be adjusted according to
need of the department and organization as per changes in departmental
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree with minimum of 2nd class Upper division, and recognised professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, etc
- Advance excel skills preferred
- Ability to multitask, manage a workload and produce high quality, on-time work
- Good team player and flexible while working with other colleagues
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role with an NGO/INGO
- Working knowledge of different donors USAID, ECHO DFID etc.
- Ability to use SUN Accounting package and other accounting packages
- Ability to influence others to do what is to be done.
- Must possess good listening skills
- Must be fair, goal oriented, responsible and skilled
- Must be a good director of affairs both human and material
- Must be charismatic
- Ability to look beyond the obvious/routine
- Ability to seek a richer set of alternatives
- Ability to question assumptions
- Ability to see what others cannot see
- Must be an energetic person with unusual initiative
- Must be resilient
Sound ethics and integrity:
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character
- Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities
of the banking industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding
operations and operators in the industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to
achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are
encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location
and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Friday, 4th November 2016.