Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact
for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives
and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and
more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries. Palladium is a
child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work
with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Project Overview and Role
Voices for Change (V4C) is a recently designed, UK Aid funded, four year
programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C
is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria
by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes.
V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano,
Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu).
V4C?s Vision is to be known and recognised for creating new ways to
change behaviour, contributing to a Nigeria where every girl, boy, woman
and man achieves their full potential. V4C?s Mission is to inspire a
generation of new voices to speak up and speak out to empower young
women to achieve their real potential. V4C will achieve this by:
- Creating space and opportunities for girls to grow.
- Getting the support of boys and men.
- Removing formal and informal barriers, or
- Influencing behaviours and laws / behavioural and legal change in Nigeria.
The Finance Officer, under the direction of the Finance and
Administration Manager, will be responsible for supporting the
implementation and management of all financial management systems to
effectively manage finance within V4C.
Bookkeeping (General Ledger) and cashier notes:
- Support the process of completing requests for disbursements
forms for all local expenditure and necessary approvals for cash /
cheque payment vouchers for all local expenditure are obtained before
payment is processed;
- Financial Management of 4 State Offices Financial Transactions;
- Support the tracking of milestone payments to service providers;
- Conduct a retirement of Advances to the State Offices.
- Maintain filing structure of all processed and approved cash / cheque payment vouchers.
- Ensure funds expended are provided for in the monthly FTR.
Assist in financial management / support the preparation of monthly financial statements:
- Support the preparation of NGVIZ returns (cashbooks) to Project Accounting for collating the monthly financial statements.
- Upload payment transactions on Zenith Internet Platform.
- Archive Monthly Financial Documents per V4C policy
- Maintain relationship with the bank.
- Support the recode processing of incorrectly posted expenditure to the correct account code.
Support the Finance and Administration Manager in coordinating the annual audit:
- Support the Finance & Admin Manager in coordinating the annual audit;
- Support the process of ensuring that all the cash / cheque
payment vouchers are supported by the relevant supporting documents and
attend to all Auditors correspondence / queries.
- Upload the Monthly Asset Register
Support the Finance and Administrative Manager in capturing VFM Data:
- Support the process of introducing and establishing systems and processes to capture VFM;
- Lead the VFM tracking under the FAM supervision;
- Support the robust integration of VFM data capture for monthly report;
- Support the allocation of man hours per Timesheet.
Other duties assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Support the monthly internal auditing of V4Cs cash and bank transactions;
- Support the implementation and establishment of internal control systems.
- Collate the Operations Monthly Forecast
- Support the process of evaluation of Service Providers Per GRM Template
- Weekly NGVIZ cash book excel workbook to FAM;
- Monthly Management Letter (ML) from monthly Internal Auditing to FAM;
- Provision of regular update to FAM for Management decision making and running of the programme.
- Monthly Asset Register Per DFID Report.
- Monthly Operations Costed Work Plan/FTR
- Co-ordinate statutory remittance for the state Offices
- Other support as assigned by the Grants & Compliance Manager and agreed by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications and / or Experience:
- A graduate degree in Finance or related field.
- 3 to 5 years? experience working in the field of Finance
- Team spirit
- Skills in paying attention to details
- Technological Awareness
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Following up Partner Performance
- Project Financial Reporting and Review
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply