19 Oct 2016
Financial Accountant Job at JHI Nigeria, Lagos
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 10/19/2016 05:30:00 pm Tags: Accounting Jobs , Accounting-Jobs , Business and Finance Jobs , Business-and-Finance-Jobs , Lagos Jobs
JHI Nigeria is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Job Ref.: ACCT 2016
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all accounting functions, processes and reporting.
- She/he will ensure that Finance is seen as a value adding business partner (Business Tenants, property management and clients); and build and strengthen the ability of Finance to make sound business decisions. The position reports to the Finance Manager.
- Financial Reporting: Provide accurate and timely statutory reports, standard and ad hoc financial reports to clients and management.
- Audit: Schedule and organize timely audits, prepare audit packs and respond to all audit report queries accurately, promptly, and in a courteous manner.
- Data Integrity: Review all contract summary for accuracy. Check and Assume responsibility for all entries on Nicor Lease Audits to ensure data integrity.
- TI and Technical fees: Calculate and invoice TI and Technical fee in accordance with clients’ approval framework, and collect fees promptly.
- Liaise with various agencies and contacts to ensure full regulatory compliance.
- Put forward suggestions to improve quantity and quality of work.
- Manage and lead staff, and manage professional relationships with external contacts.
- Work as an effective team member, anticipate to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure each assignment or task is delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that staff behavior and conduct conform to company values, expectations, and policy.
- Lead by example, use good judgment, and maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Keep supervisor apprised of all matters relating to Finance in a timely manner.
- Balance Sheet Control: Maintain GL account list, clearing of take on accounts, conduct monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet items.
- Maintain intercompany loan account, invoice and account receivables. Maintain fixed registers, follow up on long-standing items, and report on balance sheet.
- Take on and Handovers of buildings: Capture take on balances on TB handovers, and coordinate financial process.
- Monthly management meetings: Attend monthly client meetings and provide accurate and timely feedback to management.
- Review of Accruals: Verify expenses against project lists; ensure use of correct accounts. (Expenditure vs Capital), control accuracy, and investigate problem areas in actuals.
- Management fees & Commissions: Calculate and invoice management fees. Review commissions for accuracy and posting of batches.
- Be proactive, accurate and timely in your communication with clients, management, and other stakeholders. Respond to queries from internal and external clients and stakeholders promptly, accurately and in a courteous manner.
- Budging and Forecasting: Coordinate budget management to include establishing and reporting on deviations, compiling annual budgets.
- Handle all related inquiries accurately in a prompt and courteous manner. Manage budget class rates to include comparing tariffs against budgets, identifying tendencies, updating tariffs, and amending monthly projections.
- Legal Compliance: Complete VAT returns and complete income tax returns as necessary.
- Review of GPS: Manage GPS sundry debtor including commissions. Provide input in GPS property management budgets.
- Cash management: Process owner payments and manage and reconcile cash flows.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional certification in Accounting strongly preferred.
- Six years of directly related experience; 2 in property management is strongly preferred.
- Team player with strong ability to work collaboratively to meet goals.
- Ability to make quick decisions and solve problems.
- Strong ability to plan, coordinate, and organize projects.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- Accurately and speedily analyze scope of work and schedule work for on-time delivery.
- Ability to listen, understand, and ask relevant follow-up questions.
- Persistent, resilient and resourceful demonstrating a positive can-do attitude at all times.
- Reliable, dependable, and able work diligently with the uttermost level of integrity.
- Methodical approach, analytical and critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrate sound financial expertise and business acumen.
- Superb ability to consistently produce timely and error-free work at all times and to all contacts.
- Demonstrable ability to network, represent self, department and the company well.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS office Suite, NICOR, MDA, and SAP.
- Strong knowledge of capital expenditure, legal aspects of accounting, taxes, GAAP and FIRS.
- Superior knowledge of advanced calculations and reporting.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Strong ability to train and present reports to non-finance/accounting audience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of company policies & procedures, administration principles and reporting.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Superb ability to interact with staff, clients and all contacts in a professional manner.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter with their CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of your email, please write "ACCT 2016".
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted so no calls or email please.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.