TechnoServe – A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we
work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build
competitive farms, businesses and industries.
By linking people to
information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create
lasting prosperity for their families and communities. TechnoServe has
earned a 4-star rating from independent evaluator Charity Navigator for
the last 10 years, placing us in the top 1 percent of all its rated
nonprofits. TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the
private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty.
TechnoServe is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Technologist
- Reporting to the Regional Program Director (RPD), the
Fortification Country Manager (FCM) will manage the implementation of
the Food Fortification program at the country level, working within the
program resources and mandate to meet the objectives of his/her country
- The FCM will establish relationships with food processors and
industry stakeholders to support technology transfer and building their
capacity to meet compliance standards for fortification.
- Business support will include assisting processors with
customized business planning, adoption of food fortification and food
safety protocols, overseeing market studies, and developing customized
processor marketing strategies, business operations and provision of
other business advisory services.
- As the Lead Manager in the country, the FCM will oversee the
activities of the country team and work in close cooperation with
project partners and will receive technical oversight from the Regional
- The FCM will proactively review, make recommendations and report
on programmatic activities to deliver TechnoServe’s strategic plan for
Food Fortification in the country and as part of the broader regional
- In addition to providing direct technical support to assisted
companies, the FCM will oversee the country team, including Senior
Business Advisors (SBA) and Business Advisors (BA) in supporting their
country objectives, managing the country finances and reporting their
- Represent TechnoServe at the country level, meeting with
potential partners and stakeholders: processing company directors and
production managers, government institutions and regulators, technical
industry experts, service providers and universities, complimentary
programs, NGOs and related agencies
- Review, monitor, and report on all programmatic activities
including periodic progress, and financial reports, ensuring strict
compliance with TechnoServe’s objectives, strategies, policies and
procedures. Make appropriate recommendations on the implementation plan
- Assist the Regional Program Director and management unit in
timely tracking of country expenditures, budget management and
forecasting, HR recruiting and country staff management, monitoring and
evaluation of program results and the development of country workplans
- Represent the country activities through reports, presentations,
hosting of leadership, donor or stakeholder site visits and other
communications as required.
- Identify, review and select prospective companies for program
support, familiarize them with the program offering and expectation for
all participating partners
- Work with selected companies to identify their challenges to
adequate fortification compliance, design project charters to address
these challenges and work with program partners to facilitate the
appropriate technology and knowledge transfer in support of the assisted
- Identify common fortification industry weaknesses and support
the design and delivery of sector wide training workshops to strengthen
Key Organizational Relationships:
- The Fortification Country Manager will report directly to the
Regional Program Director on strategic issues related to work planning,
targets, budgets, staff and program delivery
- The FCM will receive technical oversight and support from the
Regional Fortification Manager with respects to training and technology
transfer to assisted companies
- Regional M&E Manager to facilitate data capture and reporting
- Regional Program Accountant to reconcile program expenses, budget tracking and prepare for upcoming expenses
- Country Director- to align with country objectives,
administrative and compliance requirements and to receive support and
assistance from the local office as required
- At least 8 years of experience in developing and managing
projects, preferably in the design, implementation and monitoring and
evaluation of PPP programs in developing countries
- Experience in working with financial and project management systems
- Experience of working in the food industry in Nigeria will be an advantage
- Masters in Food Technology, Nutrition, Business Administration or related fields.
- Computer literacy with excellent Excel, MS word, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills.
Skills & Attributes:
- Food processing experience, preferably in staple foods; with an understanding of fortification technology
- Strong project management and strategic thinking abilities
- Analytical mind and commitment to quality; rigorous approach with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work in an environment requiring collaboration
with the private sector, government, and national and international
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and creativity.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible, proactive, goal-oriented and with a willingness to travel in challenging environments.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential
- Working knowledge of other languages is highly desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel both locally and abroad.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply