31 Oct 2016
Freightliner Logistics Services Limited Job in Lagos for a Logistic Officer
Our aim is to deliver an unparalleled and seamless Logistics/Transportation Services to our valued customers; abiding by the highest professional and international practices in the sector.
Freightliner Logistics Services Limited is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Logistic/Personnel Officer
- Manage logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery.
- Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews.
- Supervise staff as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Develop logistical plans for current operations and logistics contingency plans.
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans.
- Pensions and benefits administration
- Co-ordinate and provide logistics support to ongoing operations.
- Identify, mobilize resources, implement and report on special logistics operations.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Looking after the health, safety and welfare of all employees
- Monitoring staff performance and attendance
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives
- Involve in marketing of logistics services to clients
- Ensure all supervised staff members are trained as well as cross-trained adequately.
- Identify added logistic training requirements to attain high working standards.
- Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- Guide and oversee performance of new and junior logistics officers.
- Recruiting, training and developing staff
- B.Sc/HND in Social Sciences or related fields.
- A minimum of two years working experience in a transport/logistics operation and management will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player and leader
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV's to the "Human Resources Manager" at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 10th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.