GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based
pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the
quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and
live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer
healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Requisition ID: WD95944
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Position: Full time
- Provide data analysis and insight support to the business towards achieving set objectives.
- Compile, process, analyze and provide insight on all sales and marketing data.
- Collate and process daily/weekly /monthly primary/secondary sales
- Provide information on daily sales, Partners payment situation
(daily tracker) to Sales team and channel analysis ( channel
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts,
and performance indicators to locate and correct any data
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities as relates to data collection and analysis.
- Incentives and ROI analysis on sales and marketing promotions
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Track, analyze and report sales results: Primary and Secondary Sales
- Formalize reporting process of field perspective analysis as it
relates to future company strategy, product needs and customer feedback.
- Analyze business wide performance based on contributions by regions, brand and partners
- Business improvement of existing and new database and reporting modules
- Lead operational review process by developing detailed
operational review reports, scheduling operational review meeting and
presenting data to leadership team.
- Work closely with AC Nielsen team to ensure prompt delivery of
AC Nielsen data, review database integrity, schedule and lead quarterly
review meetings for all categories.
- Deliver monthly data packets detail category performance,
primary and secondary sales trends, weighted and numeric distribution
performance by channel and region, etc.
- Supervise sales Automation projects – handhelds
- Management of sales force /Partners Accounts Incentives and ROI analysis.
- Consolidation of Territory Forecasts
- Preparation Actual, Budget, and Forecast Schedules
- Coordination of Databases- Sales, Stocks, Partners, Trade channels and AC Nielsen.
- Prepare and distribute monthly sales target for the field team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge: Role will need a high level of knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer skills (Good use of Ms office applications, Sun System and JDE)
- Basic Accounting skills
- Business Management
- Time management
- Experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases, programming software.
- Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Complexity: Role will need the ability to manage business complexities and layers of information by:
- Providing accurate reports and Insights
- Partners Account Reconciliation
- Monthly sales report analysis
- Independent thinking: Highly proactive, solution focused ability to adequately track and measure.
- Ability to Influence: collaborate across shopper / insights /
brand / category / expert / regulatory / GMS teams to rollout ‘best for
Africa’ solutions irrespective of point of origin.
- Lead through adversity: role will require high level of
resilience and flexible thinking to respond to challenging external
environment that Africa presents. In addition, ability to deliver
results fast in a changing internal environment where new ways of
working need to be established and resistance may be met
- Problem Solving & Innovation: High degree of judgment and
analysis will be required in the role, for example: Trading off
purist/data-led approaches versus being pragmatic to overcome specific
in-country issues. Driving responsiveness of plans based on competitive
dynamics as well as P&L requirements.
- Communication Evaluation & Development: Role will use GSK
and leading industry practices to evaluate fit-for-use communication
approaches, and where required guide development of “Nigeria specific”
analysis and insights.
- Measuring & Tracking: Role will directly identify
appropriate projects for measuring and also key criteria for tracking
execution of the same as well as delivery against business goals
- Leadership: role will directly interact with Marketing and Sales
leadership, General Manager, multiple Category Team stakeholders, Area
marketing and sales teams to inspire confidence in strategy and drive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply