Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company,
provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with
a broad range of financial products and services.
Citibank is recruiting to fill the following graduate job positions below:
Job Title: Transaction SVS Representative 4
Job ID: 16062229
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- Trade customers require constant updates on their transactions.
They also wish to be promptly advised of changing regulations and its
impact on their business.
- Trade transaction service representative is to ensure regular
feedbacks is provided to trade customers, attend promptly to their
inquiries and complaints and provide periodic reports of their
outstanding trade transactions such as letters of credit, bills for
collections and invisibles.
Following are key responsibilities of Trade Transaction SVs. Representative:
- Maintain regular proactive calls with managed clients for Nigeria Trade Operations.
- Manage day-to-day senior client contact and handling of client
issues with proactive follow up with the respective Operations; Sales;
Product Management teams.
- Maintain day-to-day supervision and measurement of processing
performed by TCS in relation to the end-to-end processing of
transactions for Trade clients.
- Place a high emphasis on controls.
- Maintain active engagement with Product, Sales and Coverage
partners in relation to new customer requirements for increased revenue
- Improve overall relations with our client base providing clients
with one to one support tailored to their specific business and
requirements thus facilitating improved feedback on client reviews and
- Liaise with EMEA Trade where applicable to provide our clients
with a “best in class” service through streamlined operations delivery,
innovative client solutions, clear, concise and timely responses to
queries, Trade related issues and timely escalation of any issues to
- Provide awareness to all managed clients of tools available to them to facilitate Trade transactions.
- Handling escalations – escalate customer feedback, processing delays and errors appropriately.
- Maintain structured reporting of all inquiries and investigations handled for all managed clients on the Tracking Systems.
- Root cause analysis to be performed on all inquiries and
investigations for managed clients to determine how we can further
reduce the number of routine queries via automation and process
- Develop and review metrics, and monitor mechanisms to fully gauge the health of managed clients.
- Review need for and implement Structured Standardised MIS and
Scorecard reporting for distribution to managed clients for Nigeria
- Implementation of Quarterly Client Service Reviews with focus on individual client scorecards.
- Monitoring of Service Levels for all managed clients to ensure
Service Level Agreements are adhered to and client expectations are
- New Client on-boarding and management. Work in partnership with Sales; Product and Technical Partners.
- Maintain pristine controls for all aspects of the TSP function to ensure effective risk management.
- First University degree from a good-rated school preferred.
- 1-2 years Trade Finance experience within a banking environment would be preferable.
- 2-5 years experience in a customer service type role in Trade Ops is essential.
- Good Macro knowledge of trade flows would be desirable.
- Fluent in English language (written and verbal).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) at all organisational levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and packages.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent customer service skills – ability to empathise with customers.
- Execution ability.
- Ability to work well within team environment displaying willingness to help colleagues when required.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be
considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and
Job Title: Transaction Svs. Sr Supervisor
Job ID: 16062218
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- Foreign exchange purchase and utilization is highly regulated in
Nigeria by the Central Bank. There are mandatory regulatory reporting
(daily, monthly, etc.) requirements. There are also periodic and ad hoc
examinations and review by the CBN and other regulatory agencies.
- Transaction SVs. Sr. Supervisor is responsible for Regulatory
reporting, coordination of monthly and surprise proofs, monitoring and
supervision of MCA, oversight of the outsource service providers (TCS)
and tracking of transit accounts such as Nostros, Sundries and Deferred
- His/her primary focus is to ensure accurate and timely rendition
of various regulatory reports, prepare the unit for regulatory
examinations and ensure effective oversight of the outsourced service
The following are the specific tasks and responsibilities of the Transaction Svs. Sr. Supervisor:
- Review transactional documentation for various Trade products
and processes to ensure full compliance with applicable regulatory
guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America,
Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international
- Ensure that updates of transaction details on business
applications for various Trade products and processes by processors,
supervisors and unit heads comply with Citigroup corporate policy and
local procedures. Ensure that such updates are done accurately and
- Ensure that information provided to regulators, independent
control, external auditors, Citigroup auditors, customers, business
units and operations management is accurate and adequately
representative of the degree of compliance with applicable requirements.
- Ensure proofing of internal accounts to departmental records as
and at when due. Ensure that all proof exceptions are corrected and root
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the off-shoring unit by
ensuring that they deliver in line with the approved procedures and
Statements Of Works (SOW).
- Ensure effective working relationship between the offshore processing unit and the branch.
- Ensure that institutional policy/local regulatory changes is communicated to the Outsource Service Provider in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership, vision and strategic direction for the
department as a whole, with guidance on interpretation on all applicable
- Drive continuous improvement in customer and employee
satisfaction through various initiatives. Contribute to the growth and
sustainability of the business portfolio.
- Ensure strategic deployment of human and other resources to achieve corporate goals.
- Maintain good rapport with representatives of customers and
regulators and provide leadership in resolution of any issues that can
potentially adversely impact the relationships of these parties with the
- Plan and co-ordinate MCA for various Trade products and
processes as and at when due. Ensure that all MCA exceptions are
corrected and root causes fixed. Ensure that satisfactory MCA and IA
ratings are achieved for various Trade products and processes. Ensure
that CBN, NDIC and any regulatory audits are satisfactory for various
- Ensure that all accruals, amortisations, charges and fees are
accurately computed as and at when due and that appropriate accounting
entries are accurately passed as and at when due.
- Provide guidance and training for processors, supervisors and
unit heads. Ensure appraisals, job descriptions, development summaries
and goals are prepared for processors, supervisors and unit heads as and
at when due. Proactively enable processors and staff to acquire and
develop the necessary skills for their career development and growth.
Ensure that human and other resource requirements for efficient and
smooth running of Trade Operations are provided within budget limits.
- Review and update local procedures, DCFCs, MCA checklists and
designations as and at when due for compliance with applicable
regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of
America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international
- Provide input to the development of Trade product programmes.
Support the business units on all Trade business development projects.
- Ensure optimum operational efficiency of the various Trade
products/processes. Monitor all processes for optimum performance and
initiate/participate in process improvement steps where necessary.
Review service delivery standards in line with customer and business
- Highly frequent contact with the SCOO, Relationship Management,
Legal, Financial Control, FICC, TTS Product, Treasury Operations, Ops
Control Unit and Cash Management Ops. Moderate contact with various
- Highly frequent contact with Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigerian Customs Service, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and customers.
- Associate’s Degree/College Diploma
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply