19 Oct 2016
Graduate Logistics Coordinator Job in Abuja at Premiere Urgence Internationale
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries - in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
Premiere Urgence Internationale is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for a Logistics Coordinator in Abuja:
- The logistics coordinator is responsible for the smooth functioning of logistics on the mission. He/She makes sure the resources which are necessary for carrying out the programmes are available and actively participates in the mission's safety management.
- Car park: He/She is responsible of the management of the car park (availability, safety, maintenance etc), for the smooth functioning of the mission and the realization of activities in accordance with the available budget.
- Functioning of the bases: He/She supports the teams in case of redeployment/installation/rehabilitation/ closing of bases.
- Representation: He/She represents the organization amongst partners, authorities and different local actors involved in the logistics and the safety of the mission.
- Coordination: He/She consolidates and communicates logistics information at the heart of the mission to headquarters and also coordinates internal and external logistics reports.
- Safety: He/She assists the Head of Mission with safety management. He/She is directly responsible of the daily, concrete aspects of the mission's safety management.
- Supplies: He/She coordinates supplies and deliveries for projects and for the bases. He/She guarantees that PUI's procedures and logistical tools are in place and are respected.
- Fixed equipment: He/She is responsible of the management of computer equipment, tele/radiocommunication equipment and for the mission's energy supply.
- Bioforce/ Bac + 2 to + 5 - in logistics (purchases, transport etc)
- Min. 2 year of humanitarian experience in logistic coordination.
- Experience in security management.
- Familiarity with stock procedure, car park management, telecommunications, etc
- Familiarity with the procedures of institutional backers (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies,etc)
- Mastery of techniques such as communication, energy, electricity and computer technology
- Good writing skills
- English is man
- Independence, an ability to take the initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Good resistance to stress
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Sense of involvement
- Trustworthiness and rigor
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Good analysis and discernment capacities
- Organization and priority management
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Pragmatism, objectivity and an ability to take a step back and analyze
- Ability to make suggestions
Employed with a 6 months Fixed-Term Contract.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly gross income: from 1 980 up to 2 310 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI.
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to "Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer" for Expatriates at:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: "LogCo-Nigeria"
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.