Standard Chartered Bank is a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, Standard Chartered Bank offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Teller
Job Function: Retail Banking
Job ID: 531289
City: Lagos Island
Full/Part Time: Full time
- * Delivering quality service to customers via efficient and accurate processing while projecting a professional and warm image in all interpersonal dealings.
- * Ensuring that there is a watertight cash control in place at all times.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- * Ensuring cross-selling of simple products (E.G Fixed Deposits, Cards during non-peak transaction times, and where relevant, identify prospects for cross-selling of other products (from observation of customer transactions) to highlight to sales staff.
- – awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
Processing of all daily counter transactions for deposits/withdrawals
to savings, current and fixed deposit accounts (involving cash, cheques,
passbook maintenance, inter-account transfers) and handling associated
customer interactions/inquiries/complaints to a specified standard of
- * Providing services to Priority Banking customers at
separate counters and may also involve a higher level of specified
- * General reconciliations and control activities (which can be individually assigned) which may typically include:
ATM cash loading, statistics, reconciliation, central control of branch
cash (i.e Chief Cashier function), processing of outward clearing
cheques, posting of standing orders/payroll/card merchant transactions
to customer accounts, reconciliation of operating accounts for dail
control as well as surprise audit proof, general filing, conducting
investigations initiated by customer inquiry, cash pickups from cash
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Diversity and Inclusion
Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a
work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best
out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business
performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture,
each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the
opportunity to maximise their personal potential.