31 Oct 2016
Grants Coordinator Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council
the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 months
Commencement: November 2016
- The Grants Coordinator reports to the Head of Programme.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database - forthcoming)
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Contribute to PCM trainings and usage of the NRC PCM frame work in the CO as delegated by the Head of Programme
- Support external donor audits
- Represent with relevant partners and donors as delegated
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development, revision and quality control of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Knowledge of the context and NRC programme activities in Nigeria
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Above average computer skills
- Knowledge of humanitarian donors
- Strong Writing skills
- Knowledge of the humanitarian coordination framework
- Budget development and management experience
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with People
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Maiduguri is a non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidate are required to enter the geographical location for all their previous positions while registering their CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.