Worldwide Recruitment Solutions (WRS) is a global recruitment business servicing the needs of clients and
contractors worldwide in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine,
Construction, Power, Commodities & Trading, Manufacturing and
Job Title: Group COO, IPP Power Generation
This is your opportunity to join this established independent power
producer based in Nigeria, they specialise in small to mid-sized power
projects across Nigeria including embedded solutions for both the
manufacturing and residential sectors. Due to the considerable power
deficit within the Nigerian market there are extensive opportunities to
develop this business partnering with some of the most influential
- The Group
COO will report to the executive board managing several general
managers responsible for operations, engineering, business development
- You will have full profit & loss responsibility for
the role ensuring new projects are identified and current operations
- A key facet will be stakeholder management with
contacts ranging from government ministers to influential private sector
- You will oversee a portfolio of several
100 MW of generation capacity and several ongoing projects.
- You will
need to ensure financial viability of the business unit ensuring
positive returns to stakeholders.
- You will need a degree in engineering or commerce with an MBA and extensive executive management experience within the Nigerian power generation sector.
- Broad exposure to operations, projects, business development and finance will be key to your success.
- Strategic knowledge of the IPP sector combined with embedded solutions experience will be necessary.
Highly negotiable depending on experience
contact Neil Nixon at WRS as soon as convenient. This urgent role has
interview slots for next week and we are actively working with the
executive committee to ensure this critical role is occupied by an
experienced strategic thinker.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply