10 Oct 2016
HR Advisor Job in an Indigenous Marine Logistic Services Comppany in Rivers State
We are recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: HR Advisor
Job Reference: 1146
Employee Recruitment and On-boarding:
- Recruits, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions existing in the organization.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward the company’s goals.
- Handles employee background and reference checks, transfers and confirmation
- Develops and implements an annual best-practice training plan
- Handles all personnel transactions such as performance reviews and management.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Develops and implements an appropriate employee incentive plan and ensures the motivation of all employees to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Prepares the budget for the human resources department.
- Administers benefits programs such as life insurance, health, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance programs.
- Advises management on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and carries out disciplinary actions.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, programs and ensures effective administration.
- Prepares employee separation notices, related documentation and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind resignation.
- Ensures effective communication within the organization by soliciting for feedback from all departments and communicating back to management.
- A graduate degree or higher in a Social Science discipline
- Internationally recognized personnel management certification e.g. CIPM
- Membership of an international HR organization Minimum Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ cognate human resource management role experience in the marine sector or an international service organization
- Knowledge of talent acquisition and employee relations
- Expert knowledge of the Nigerian Labour Law
- Expertise in performance management and organizational development
- Ability to work well with a team and also independently without significant supervision
- Capable of making decisions and giving directions to facilitate prompt service delivery
- An ability to develop creative and effective solutions to problems.
- Capable of thinking outside the box
- Strong work ethics
- Honesty and professional integrity
- Customer-centricity and responsiveness
- Pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English Language
- Proven experience ins HR policy and strategy architecture
- Proven ability to create best practice HR procedures
- Proven engagement negotiation skills
- Proven personnel management skills
- Proven training and development skills
- Proven ability to develop and coordinate training content
- Proven Performance and career management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of marine crew Class Certifications
- Proven ability to use HR applications and Microsoft Office
- Ability to execute rapidly on HR tasks
- Ability to respond swiftly to inquiries with accurate details and recommendations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.