APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60
countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to
experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our
offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety Environment Executive
- Develops and monitors HSE related policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe operation.
- Establishes internal and external networks to seek out best practices and ensure continuous improvement within the organization.
- Leads high severity investigations.
- Cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for APMTAL in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Develops toolbox talks based on incident findings from internal or external sources and general safety information.
- Inspects facilities and risk assesses standard operating procedures to detect existing or potential hazards.
- Advise department managers on incident findings and assist with
development of corrective actions for use by company personnel and
- Advises the Managing Director and senior management on HSE strategies.
- Represents the company with local government organizations to
ensure a mutual understanding of APM Terminals Apapa Limited’s
(APMTAL’s) goals and requirements, and co-operate with local resources
to ensure compliance with local and international legislation and
- Compiles and submits HSE reports required by regulatory agencies, shipping lines and company interests.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge in the area of HSE and communicates to required parties within the terminal.
- Develops and arranges basic HSE related training including, but
not limited to safety inductions, basic first aid, emergency response,
- Maintains safety files and records.
Who we are looking for:
- University degree in Business Management or Engineering discipline
- 5 years of cumulative experience in HSE of a container terminal
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Requires a proven track record of increasing work responsibility
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Financial Management skills is essential
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from recognized institution
- Requires a proven record of Health, Safety and Environmental
management experience from port operations and/or heavy equipment
- Value and team-based leadership.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th October, 2016.