5 Oct 2016
ICRC Job in Nigeria for a Mechanic
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation is looking for suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Mechanic
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- Establishes and maintain an accurate and Job card based maintenance history for all log/Fleet assets repairs.
- Fills in all accidents, services and repairs in technical logbook
- Stocks In liaison with ABJ workshop and prepares order for spares for six month consumption for Maiduguri fleet.
- Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- Controls and ensures the use of genuine spare parts and professional working methods for all repairs.
- Carries out routine works mainly independently
- Degree in Mechanics or recognised technical training
- Driving license
- Succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Flexible and motivated
- Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate "Mechanic Maiduguri" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.